SHABBY TREATMENT AT THE HANDS OF NAPA INSURANCE

bharvin

I went looking for E&O insurance and I checked out several sites, including NAPA. I was foolish enough to put in information that included a credit card with NAPA. I did this online when they were closed because they were the least expensive so I was sure I would end up with them. I chose another company I liked better. Unbeknownst to me, even though I only got a quote and never spoke directly to anyone, NAPA activated my account. To be clear, I went online, looked up a quote and filled in general info on the webpage but never actually sent it in any information to NAPA.
Over a month ago, I discovered the double coverage and immediately contacted them to request a refund and that's when the nightmare began. NAPA showed their true colors. Each time I spoke to someone, called back requested to speak to them again, they were never available. Each time I spoke to anyone they would give me different information. I was told to return a cancelation form which I did immediately (the form was sent to me several days after the call). I sent in what I thought was proof of insurance and when I called the third and fourth times, I was told that I could expect a refund no later than the twenty-sixth of July 2022. However, when I called today, not only was I told that there was no refund sent because they needed more information, but the policy was still active and would not cancel until August 2022!!
I am currently filing a complaint with the Department of Financial Services, the body which oversees all insurance companies. Everyone beware of this company! If there is ever a problem with your account, you will be treated very shabbily by NAPA. No wonder they are the cheapest! If this is how they perform when it comes to refunding money when there had been no authorization, I can't imagine how they would react when it comes to paying out a claim! I have to say that I am partially to blame. I should never put in my credit card until I was ready to activate and purchase insurance. If this is the way NAPA treats it's customers from the beginning, then I am extremely glad I never signed with them in the first place! LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!

I did not say they were unclear and I have already acknowledged that this is partly my fault. I said they opened an account in my name without my authorization, and that is exactly what they did. This could have been handled quite easily but instead they have compounded the issue by passing me from one person to another. They also lied when they told me that the account would cancel when I filled out their form. That never happened either. After having tried to resolve this directly for over a month I am forced to take more drastic action.

I did not say they were unclear and I have already acknowledged that this is partly my fault. I said they opened an account in my name without my authorization, and that is exactly what they did. This could have been handled quite easily but instead they have compounded the issue by passing me from one person to another. They also lied when they told me that the account would cancel when I filled out their form. That never happened either. After having tried to resolve this directly for over a month I am forced to take more drastic action.
They couldn't open an account without your credit card info and you had to submit it. You don't need to give that info to get a quote.

I had MAPA for years and never had trouble canceling it.

It's not partly your fault, it's completely your fault.:yes:

They couldn't open an account without your credit card info and you had to submit it. You don't need to give that info to get a quote.

I had MAPA for years and never had trouble canceling it.

It's not partly your fault, it's completely your fault.:yes:

Reminds me of the time when we ordered pizza and this guy showed up at my door with a pizza. He even had the nerve to expect a tip!

Reminds me of the time when we ordered pizza and this guy showed up at my door with a pizza. He even had the nerve to expect a tip!
To be clear. We were just shopping on their website and built our own bundle and entered the credit card.
We were considering other pizza options after hitting submit.
The fact that they actually sent someone out - appalling!! un-American!

Lol! I'm so happy that a some of you have had a mor experience with NAPA than I had. I am a newbie, fairly recently certified so my overall experience is limited and unfortunately, believe it or not, my experience with NAPA was extremely unpleasant. Again, yes I am partly at fault. When I filled out the info for an account, I should never have included my payment info until I was ready to purchase. However, I never activated anything. I left everything in a hold status, much as you would leave an online purchase on hold in a shopping cart. I also wanted to say that, a couple hundred dollars may not matter to everyone but when you are a semi-retired senior, what we say is, every little bit helps!

Again, Tuition.
This will be one of the least frustrating and least expensive things that happen in this career.
Senior? I have no idea how old you are but would wager you are not the oldest here.
Just roll with it. Get it handled and move on to making money. Don't spend time chasing a couple of hundred dollars and leave thousands out there.

IMohsoHO

Back