Navigators Assistance..............

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
Talked to 3 folks recently who enrolled over the phone via a Navigator very unhappy with the networks of the plans in which they had enrolled. Navigator didn't know the local market and that the 2 "big names" had tight networks that did not include the hospitals most people would use, or the fact that docs were not accepting new patients and only stayed with plan to keep their patients that had one of the "big two"..................but who needs agents.

DC never saw the value of an agent.

Consumers don't think they need agents because they have access to free advice from someone that doesn't just try to sell them the plan that pays the highest commission.

By the time DC and the consumer wake up and smell the coffee it will be too late. Agents will have found other ways to support themselves.

Food for thought. As of right now most companies are not paying commission for health plans through ACA, Like I have to tell you! Unless you are in one of those lucky states or situations... Not mentioning any names. So that basically makes every agent a glorified Navigator. The only difference is, Navigators actually get some type of credit for the sale. I think I am going to become a non profit and soak up some of that grant money. Who else wants a 501c3 I am taking APPS!

I am likely to send folks to healthcare.gov with a list of questions to ask. I'm not helping and servicing for free.

----------

Charge $100 per hour for assistance. 1 hour minimum.

Or $250 per hour tax write off for the 2 min call to redirect client to healthcare.gov. At least the tax write off puts potential money in my pocket. And, I still have potential for the OEP renewal.

$250 per hour tax write off for the 2 min call

Are you suggesting writing off $8 ($250/60 x 2) or the full $250 and then justifying your time is worth $7500 per hour ($250 x 30)?

Back