Need Advice and Direction

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate the feedback. I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here so I'm trying to consider various options. What about if I wanted to work for an insurance company like New York Life, Metlife, etc? What kind of things could I do there? I've been thinking about underwriting, but I don't know how I would go about doing that.

Senior Life has lots of underwriters.

I would go captive as a career agent, some of the companies out there will set you up on a good start pay and you can achieve in the first year more than you are looking for.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate the feedback. I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here so I'm trying to consider various options. What about if I wanted to work for an insurance company like New York Life, Metlife, etc? What kind of things could I do there? I've been thinking about underwriting, but I don't know how I would go about doing that.

Most websites, including New York Life, have sections of their website about jobs. Just go to the website and find it.

You'll find this site is mostly independent agents and virtually 100% sales focused, not the real nuts and bolts of running the company (although we do enjoy speculating). If you want to be an underwriter, I'm not sure how the college degree in your field will help, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Unless you're looking for advice on how to get started selling insurance, this site probably won't be helpful for you.

Funny thing u got a master in something u do not like. Would question ur decision making.

Funny thing u got a master in something u do not like. Would question ur decision making.

You should pay more attention to what is said because if you had, you would have understood that I never said I do not like what I received my master's degree in. Rather, what I said was that it is simply not working out. On another note, can you honestly say that you have made a decision, only to later find out that it hadn't gone according to plan? By the way, don't respond to that since it was rhetorical. Thanks to all those that defended me; I appreciate all the feedback I've been getting. I'm interested to learn more about going captive as a career agent. How do I get started with all that?

Another weasely shallow contribution. If you're shooting for the 1,000 posts at least try to add something of substance once in a while.

And before you decide to call me out on this, simply go back and read your last 20 posts for content. I did. I stand by my post.

Back