Need advice from Experienced Agents, regarding my current situation

So you're saying that you're not even licensed yet but already buying leads and to make matters worse some other agent is working those leads?

Since you're not licensed yet, no one can pay you a commission but you can be compensated some other way. If that's not happening then I need to take back what I said about hauling ass. You need to haul two asses.

I recommend 3 things:

Shut those crooks down.

Post on here who they are. Not for us but for the new agents that are on here. Hopefully they won't go through what you're going through.

And last, reach out to @Todd King. He's an FMO out of Virginia so I'm not really sure if his ankle bracelet will reach that far. But he may be able to point toward someone near you that can help.

Good luck
I have my life and health license =)

A computer and yes I’m “renting” it, again with no pay.. 4 to 6 weeks of training more testing, after ADB and state exam which of course they won’t pay for. So far all I’ve done is spend money, and get nothing in return. Oh and another agent has been covering this area temporarily, so all my leads have been contacted.. I don’t see how this is going to work out, and yes I’m really close to wanting to run. Good people with good intentions, and I have no ill will towards them. It’s just I have make decisions that are in my best interests. So a lot to think about, and a lot of disappointment due to broken trust. Thanks for all the feedback it’s greatly appreciated!
AFLAC? :err:

Cut your losses and run.

Here are some things that I have learned during my long existence on this planet.

1 - Never admit to your limitations. Whatever job you apply for, you are perfect for it. Like the song says "Accentuate the positives, eliminate the negatives. Telling a prospective employer that you sometimes get stressed was the kiss of death.

2 - Never rely on anything you are "told." Get it in writing. In contract form so you can sue if you get stiffed.

3 - Christians can be just as evil as anybody else. Do the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition ring a bell?

Oh believe me I learned from that mistake.. But imo that is the biggest crock of u know what I’ve heard in my life. Everyone gets stressed, it’s a natural human emotion, do these folks honestly believe that people don’t experience it I mean really. The hypocrisy of industry that relies on honesty, under threat of prosecution is astounding. But I digress your 100% right, and now I’m better prepared for the next one.

You really need to read anything you signed. If they are supplying you with equipment there might be some mice type that might have a cost to leave.

You really need to read anything you signed. If they are supplying you with equipment there might be some mice type that might have a cost to leave.
I believe it’s just returning their equipment, these are very kind people. In my case it’s just the oh by ways. I got bills to pay, and I’m spending all this time onboarding, and I’m not getting paid for it. I can’t afford 4 to 6 weeks more of non compensated on boarding. Nothing against the org, they are wonderful people, it’s just the broken trust that’s got me going what exactly have I done to my self .

I believe it’s just returning their equipment, these are very kind people. In my case it’s just the oh by ways. I got bills to pay, and I’m spending all this time onboarding, and I’m not getting paid for it. I can’t afford 4 to 6 weeks more of non compensated on boarding. Nothing against the org, they are wonderful people, it’s just the broken trust that’s got me going what exactly have I done to my self .
I'm confused as to how you can say they're wonderful people if they lied to you. :huh:

To clarify things

1. I will not mention the company
2. I’m one of the few that actually passed the state exam, and they need me.
3. Agents are assigned exclusive regions, and the lack of them had one person covering a significant portion of the state.
4. They told me they would pay for AD Banker, the licensing fees etc.. When I got it and that hasn’t happened.
5. Like all of you I have bills to pay, selling isn’t an issue as I have strong skills at it and public speaking.
6. The issue is that I’m spending all this money and I’m learning there systems and spending hours upon hours with zero pay.
7. They want me to go 4 to 6 more weeks without a chance to produce. Then they tell me oh btw it might take a few months to build trust to get a sell. But we still want 12 appointments per week, that requires in home visits. Again with no money.

In closing I have learned a lot about pre employment testing, so I won’t make the same mistakes again. Second I am going to get everything in writing, from now on before I agree to anything. I’m just disappointed I put my trust in something that I thought would never be something I couldn’t. Thank you all again for your advice and tbh my shoes are ready to run, I want talk them first and see what they say and least give them one last chance.

Latest posts

Back