Need advice from Experienced Agents, regarding my current situation

my group of acquaintances is a pretty large range.

My kids also have about a 28 year range between oldest and youngest.

I recently learned a new slang word. SIMP I learned as a description of a guy that blindly chases a female.

They have been trying to fill this position for that amount of time

No. That's not what's going on.

Agencies continuously recruit. They don't have ONE position. They have as many as their corporate office says they have - usually unlimited.

The insurance industry is not like a job with specific job requirements that need to be filled. They are (often) a recruiting machine.

Therefore, they are always looking to fill positions.

They are not just courting you.

No. That's not what's going on.

Agencies continuously recruit. They don't have ONE position. They have as many as their corporate office says they have - usually unlimited.

The insurance industry is not like a job with specific job requirements that need to be filled. They are (often) a recruiting machine.

Therefore, they are always looking to fill positions.

They are not just courting you.

There’s a lot more to this, but it would require me outing the company and I refuse to do that. I don’t want to burn a bridge, so consider this my last response. Something’s are too good to be true, and that’s what happened here. I took these people at their word, because of who they are and the belief that out anyone they wouldn’t be shady. But turns out I was wrong, but I forgive them. A life lesson learned the hard way.. Thank you to everyone for your kind words, suggestions and encouragement.

There’s a lot more to this, but it would require me outing the company and I refuse to do that. I don’t want to burn a bridge, so consider this my last response.

No... you have some cognitive dissonance on what happened and what's happening to you.

I don't care who the company is.

You are STILL trusting what they have told you even AFTER they burned their bridges with you.

Does that make sense?

Unless they were offering a W-2 salaried, benefits, + bonuses position (as opposed to a 1099 or a semi-captive arrangement with matching Social Security / FICA contributions)... they were feeding you a bunch of lines that normally work for people who are looking for a job and didn't know the questions to ask.

That's the usual story.

To clarify things

1. I will not mention the company
2. I’m one of the few that actually passed the state exam, and they need me.
3. Agents are assigned exclusive regions, and the lack of them had one person covering a significant portion of the state.
4. They told me they would pay for AD Banker, the licensing fees etc.. When I got it and that hasn’t happened.
5. Like all of you I have bills to pay, selling isn’t an issue as I have strong skills at it and public speaking.
6. The issue is that I’m spending all this money and I’m learning there systems and spending hours upon hours with zero pay.
7. They want me to go 4 to 6 more weeks without a chance to produce. Then they tell me oh btw it might take a few months to build trust to get a sell. But we still want 12 appointments per week, that requires in home visits. Again with no money.

In closing I have learned a lot about pre employment testing, so I won’t make the same mistakes again. Second I am going to get everything in writing, from now on before I agree to anything. I’m just disappointed I put my trust in something that I thought would never be something I couldn’t. Thank you all again for your advice and tbh my shoes are ready to run, I want talk them first and see what they say and least give them one last chance.

If they need you so much why did they lie and why are you paying them to work for them??

something is not adding up

#2 is where you need to restart. They don't need you. If you left the company ot wouldn't fold. As for doing research about the industry a new person really has no clue what questions to ask or what to look out for.

As your making up your mind on what your going to do take a look at a FMO that allows more freedom.

Latest posts

Back