Need advice from Experienced Agents, regarding my current situation

To clarify things

1. I will not mention the company
2. I’m one of the few that actually passed the state exam, and they need me.
3. Agents are assigned exclusive regions, and the lack of them had one person covering a significant portion of the state.
4. They told me they would pay for AD Banker, the licensing fees etc.. When I got it and that hasn’t happened.
5. Like all of you I have bills to pay, selling isn’t an issue as I have strong skills at it and public speaking.
6. The issue is that I’m spending all this money and I’m learning there systems and spending hours upon hours with zero pay.
7. They want me to go 4 to 6 more weeks without a chance to produce. Then they tell me oh btw it might take a few months to build trust to get a sell. But we still want 12 appointments per week, that requires in home visits. Again with no money.

In closing I have learned a lot about pre employment testing, so I won’t make the same mistakes again. Second I am going to get everything in writing, from now on before I agree to anything. I’m just disappointed I put my trust in something that I thought would never be something I couldn’t. Thank you all again for your advice and tbh my shoes are ready to run, I want talk them first and see what they say and least give them one last chance.

2. I’m one of the few that actually passed the state exam, and they need me.

Read this and commit it to memory:

"Hire 'em in masses,
Teach 'em in classes,
Sell all their family and friends,
Then fire their ***es."

That is the business model of agencies. They don't need 'you', but they do need new agents to get signed on, licensed, and to sell something.

You have far more at risk than they do.

Unfortunately, you didn't "interview the interviewer" well enough.

I have a lot of younger friends and acquaintances.

A term I learned recently is Simp.
Read this and commit it to memory:

"Hire 'em in masses,
Teach 'em in classes,
Sell all their family and friends,
Then fire their ***es."

That is the business model of agencies. They don't need 'you', but they do need new agents to get signed on, licensed, and to sell something.

You have far more at risk than they do.

Unfortunately, you didn't "interview the interviewer" well enough.

I kept typing a response. Reading it and deleting it.

Yours was better.

If they are truly a "Christian" organization AND you have acquired your license, then they should have you out shadowing an experienced agent. That agent should be splitting commissions with you. You should be encouraged to set appointments and run them with the experienced agent. That is called MENTORING and it is how new agents survive long enough to gain the knowledge to make a living and thrive.

If they are truly a "Christian" organization AND you have acquired your license, then they should have you out shadowing an experienced agent. That agent should be splitting commissions with you. You should be encouraged to set appointments and run them with the experienced agent. That is called MENTORING and it is how new agents survive long enough to gain the knowledge to make a living and thrive.

I never go into a situation blind, I always do my research, because I try to avoid setting my self up for failure. I asked the right questions, I knew exactly what path I was venturing down. My disappointment is in the fact that I’ve held up my end of the bargain, yet at least as of now they haven’t. I paid for training, I paid for the state, I paid for fingerprinting, background checks, NIPR, and finally the state fee. All things that were supposed to be reimbursed, yet still haven’t been. I’ve never been to company that hasn’t at minimum paid a basic wage during training. I want my self to succeed, but I feel like they don’t.. It’s frustrating, when you put 110% into something and get nothing in return. It’s frustrating to not be allowed to produce, and to have a goal post that keeps moving. I put everything thing on the line, and they know it. Yet here I am spinning wheels, and burning through money, like an uncapped well, and they keep expecting me to. I can’t succeed at something if the gate keeps closing. That’s why I’m frustrated folks, and you’re right I should be out in the field mentioning with someone. But am I? Nope will I? Probably not at least it feels that way. I given hours of my time, and besides a license I have nothing to show for it. Anyhow I really appreciate all of your advice, it’s helped me more than you will ever know. I’m not giving up, after all I didn’t study that hard and spend all that money for nothing. But I’m definitely looking for a new path to venture down, especially if I keep spinning my wheels. After all how could anyone blame me..

This.

My first week was class room. Then dialing for dollars with my staff manager standing next to me. I hated it!
Then we started running appointments some he made, some I made. He gave me most of the deals the , then we split some , then when I got to mouthy and thought I could do it myself he let me drown a little.

Friends and family should be 100% to the new agents.

It's just unfortunate that, for an industry that prides itself behind contracts and promises made... don't necessarily honor said promises on their agent recruiting side.

Any time anyone says "Trust me, I'm a _____"... I automatically don't.

That part makes me the most jaded in our industry.

Unless someone creates a "Certified Professional Recruiter®" designation (CPR® to rescusitate the industry? Damn, I should trademark and market that!) and subscribes to a code of ethics in recruitment... and they can prove that they abide by that... until that happens, it's "agent beware."

You're still being naive. Walk out the door and they'll find another sucker in a **New York Minute.

**New York Minute - the amount of time it takes the NY driver behind you to honk his horn when your light turns green.

:yes:
Oh that’s true, but it’s been three years of them trying, so I’m not so sure about it being easy, however that’s their problem not mine. If I said who it was you’d get why immediately, but I have a personal rule of never disclosing that info. But I’m moving on, and have learned a hard lesson that I won’t forget.

Back