Need Help From Greybeards! Mail Leads and Setting Appointments

Re: Need Help From Greybeards! Mail Leads and Setting Appointment

Yeah but, he said in his first post that he wipes his feet and does the "johnny boy shuffle ". Sounds like Kirby Vacuum cleaner training.

True, good point.

I think that is in the AARP tips and tricks flyer, never let anyone in your house who does the Johnny Boy Shuffle.

True, good point.

I think that is in the AARP tips and tricks flyer, never let anyone in your house who does the Johnny Boy Shuffle.

If he got past me, my boys and the dog he would have to deal with my wife. She is little, but she is mean as hell.

Best of luck out there selling door to door. Since you are unwilling to look at personal change, and instead insist on pointing the finger at everyone else who tries to help you, asking for advice seems a bit ridiculous. Maybe the customers think you are trying to take their lunch money, that could be the underlying problem. Seriously, personal change is the answer here. If you come across as a lunch money stealing bully, I doubt many will welcome you into their homes.

If you had a clue, believe me, it would die of loneliness.

I've already stated I knew part of the problem was my own aversion to drop-ins, and I don't do door-to-door.

You may find more success by selling an appointment rather than trying to sit right there. Use your same door knock strategy, but try to get them to agree to an appointment in a few days.

If you get push back at that point, then use your other tactics.

Of course if they have time right then, sit down and sell.

Here is the advice you are missing by getting into these arguments.

1. Stop buying $27 leads, you are getting ripped off
2. Stop knocking on doors, you are no good at it. Look at alternative
ways to market. Try picking up the phone and list call with a dialer
3. You are telling true independent agents that $2k a month is
a good thing when most of them are making that per week.
You are not hearing thier wisdom.
4. Mortgage banker/broker does not matter. Agents don't have
much respect for that industry which is riddled with thieves.
Glad you made it out. Not that you had much choice though.
5. Finally, lighten up. Thin skins aren't gonna last hear or in this business.

Here endeth the lesson.
:err:

You may find more success by selling an appointment rather than trying to sit right there. Use your same door knock strategy, but try to get them to agree to an appointment in a few days.

If you get push back at that point, then use your other tactics.

Of course if they have time right then, sit down and sell.

I've actually been told that and done it, all they do is call and cancel or forget.

Frankly, I'd rather just take my chances right there.

I appreciate your response.

I've gotten some good info off-board, indicating I just need to ask some other, alternate lead-in questions instead of arriving and going straight for the sit-down, which is what I thought anyway.....that and be more optimistic about it and not carry preconceived notions.

I do appreciate your feedback.

Are you sure that dropping by is better than calling and scheduling? I am just asking, since a good appt setter may not cost much more than the gas money to drive to all of these homes. Often the appt setter may not be the agent, but someone else, a spouse, friend, etc. With the cost of gas, if you paid $5 per appt that would be a deal for you I think. Just an idea, take it with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila.

Here is the advice you are missing by getting into these arguments.

1. Stop buying $27 leads, you are getting ripped off
2. Stop knocking on doors, you are no good at it. Look at alternative
ways to market. Try picking up the phone and list call with a dialer
3. You are telling true independent agents that $2k a month is
a good thing when most of them are making that per week.
You are not hearing thier wisdom.
4. Mortgage banker/broker does not matter. Agents don't have
much respect for that industry which is riddled with thieves.
Glad you made it out. Not that you had much choice though.
5. Finally, lighten up. Thin skins aren't gonna last hear or in this business.

Here endeth the lesson.
:err:

I appreciate your feedback, also, but, in all candor, much of what you suggest is slanted and therefore worthless, and I haven't seen much "wisdom" from many here....just a bunch of constipated agents who want to appear wise, when they aren't. FWIW, the insurance industry, from what I have seen, is riddled with thievery just as my previous career was.
Frankly, I dont know of any field more despised by the general public than insurance, perhaps they have good reason for their contempt if they read this thread. Further, I had nothing but abject contempt for insurance agents when I was originating, never met one I thought was even the slightest bit competent. Not that any of this has anything to do with the posed question, anyhow.

What I need is some tweaking, which is usually the case when methodologies arent working, just a little change here or there.

You folks apparently cannot interpolate or comprehend. Never once have I said I go door-to-door, yet nearly all have commented on it.........so you'll forgive me if I just snicker and shake my head at the supposed "wisdom" of these agents you refer so glowingly to.

This forum is childish, and frankly it serves no useful purpose for me to post here. I'll just use it as a resource.

This forum is childish, and frankly it serves no useful purpose for me to post here. I'll just use it as a resource.

No please stay and by all means post.

You make us all seem so much more intelligent in comparison. (We are, by the way).

Rick

Back