Need Help: Living Benefits Issue...

nbrz

I have Living Benefits issue. Need Help. I suffered a stroke and filed a claim to AIG. I submitted everything except the doctors form. I requested the form from Kaiser. Kaiser submitted their own version of the forms vs the form I sent to them from AIG. Now, AIG refused to move forward. I begged Kaiser to submit the forms from AIG but they refused. The form Kaiser submitted is almost identical question...just worded a little different from the form AIG wants. AIG has rejected the form. AND Kaiser refuses to do AIG's form. Kaiser will only their submit their form. Neither is willing to budge and now its pissing contest between them.....And the person who gets SCREW is me. What am I suppose to do? Has anyone found a way around this issue? I am sure I am not the only Kaiser patient.

I have Living Benefits issue. Need Help. I suffered a stroke and filed a claim to AIG. I submitted everything except the doctors form. I requested the form from Kaiser. Kaiser submitted their own version of the forms vs the form I sent to them from AIG. Now, AIG refused to move forward. I begged Kaiser to submit the forms from AIG but they refused. The form Kaiser submitted is almost identical question...just worded a little different from the form AIG wants. AIG has rejected the form. AND Kaiser refuses to do AIG's form. Kaiser will only their submit their form. Neither is willing to budge and now its pissing contest between them.....And the person who gets SCREW is me. What am I suppose to do? Has anyone found a way around this issue? I am sure I am not the only Kaiser patient.
Is this the HIPAA release that Kaiser requires (they have their own) or is this the attestation from the doctor?

If the former, you can complete it and send it directly to them and instruct them to send the records to AIG.

If it's something your doctor needs to complete, I would contact your physician directly and have his/her office complete the AIG form.

Hope that helps.

The form AIG wants is Treating Physician for license Health Care Practitioner. Its where the doctor who treated me for my stroke. He was suppose to fill out the form stating is my stroke injuries. Kaiser instead sent me a similar form called The attending Physician statement. Practically identical but in a different format. But AIG said NO and refuse to move forward. I'm at a stand still. KP say they will not budge. AIG say they will not budge either. All the information is identical....one just belongs to KP, one belongs to AIG.

The form AIG wants is Treating Physician for license Health Care Practitioner. Its where the doctor who treated me for my stroke. He was suppose to fill out the form stating is my stroke injuries. Kaiser instead sent me a similar form called The attending Physician statement. Practically identical but in a different format. But AIG said NO and refuse to move forward. I'm at a stand still. KP say they will not budge. AIG say they will not budge either. All the information is identical....one just belongs to KP, one belongs to AIG.
Take the AIG one to your doctor directly and ask them to complete it for you. Kaiser is a giant pain to deal with and most carriers will not accept forms that aren't theirs.

You need to go to the doctor and ask the office to complete the AIG form. That's what I'd recommend my client do.

The Doctor who treated me is not my primary Doctor..He was just on stand by, emergency doctor? How do I even begin? Not sure is this doctor's schedule is?

The Doctor who treated me is not my primary Doctor..He was just on stand by, emergency doctor? How do I even begin? Not sure is this doctor's schedule is?
Call the hospital and ask who treated you? Tell them you need him/her to sign the AIG statement. Have someone go down there for you if necessary.

You can get what you need if you're persistent.

No luck so far. I've contacted my agent for help. He is going to discuss this with his corporate office and the AIG company rep. to see what my next option is. If that does not work. Will contacting the Dept. of Insurance my next option? Or do I need to contact a lawyer?

No luck so far. I've contacted my agent for help. He is going to discuss this with his corporate office and the AIG company rep. to see what my next option is. If that does not work. Will contacting the Dept. of Insurance my next option? Or do I need to contact a lawyer?
What did the doctor's office say when you contacted them about completing the AIG form?

Kaiser is a total PIA for everything, that is for sure. Good luck, I agree... stay persistent.

Write a letter to the actual doctor who treated you. They are required to list a mailing address publicly. Explain the situation, include the form and a return envelope, ask them to fill it out and sign it.

Back