Need Help with AARP Med Sup

We're on the same page. Not worth just certifying for a one shot deal but you've done 90% of it already.

Keep in mind that if you don't write 5 in a year they suspend you. Then if you don't write 5 again you're through forever.

Rick

Thanks. If I had another high risk company, I would definitely do that. I should be able to do the rest for the med sup as far as certification still right?

Probably got your answer elsewhere already but it would be Level 2 rates. AARP is pretty much all I write for Sups.

Thanks. How much extra is the cost for them to be a member? How long does it take to get their policies issued?

You only have to be a member at the time of application. Continued membership is not required. Therefore, if I have someone who is not a member, I call AARP with them and sign them up for one year which is $16. It takes less than 10 minutes and you'll have the AARP member number before you hang up.

We fax the apps in and the policy is usually issued in less than 48 hours and the welcome pack and cards received in about two weeks.

Thanks. How much extra is the cost for them to be a member? How long does it take to get their policies issued?

an AARP member?

Did you look at your apps yet?.... $16yr if paid 1yr at a time.

They are pretty fast - normally issued a week after I put them in the mail for open enrollmenet, 1.5+ weeks for underwritten from the date that I mail it.

Most I ever saw was about 2.5 weeks on an app...

The longer time will be to get appointed and complete test and get approved to sell

Yes AARP requires test to sell Supp

an AARP member?

Did you look at your apps yet?.... $16yr if paid 1yr at a time.

They are pretty fast - normally issued a week after I put them in the mail for open enrollmenet, 1.5+ weeks for underwritten from the date that I mail it.

Most I ever saw was about 2.5 weeks on an app...

Why not fax them?

Back