Need info on working with Horace Mann

biggar2000

Had an offer from Horace Mann, most complete and thorough offer I have ever had in the business, working in the independent side of the industry now, the Horace Mann offer includes a book of business, support, support monies with production, it looks and sounds great, give me some feedback if you can, I am in the South away from the coast though, Thanks, new to the site and needed some help and guidance.

Had an offer from Horace Mann, most complete and thorough offer I have ever had in the business, working in the independent side of the industry now, the Horace Mann offer includes a book of business, support, support monies with production, it looks and sounds great, give me some feedback if you can, I am in the South away from the coast though, Thanks, new to the site and needed some help and guidance.

This won't help your decision, but I always thought you had to be a teacher to buy Horace Mann, not the case I found out recently.

Everyone I know who has them for their HO is VERY happy and a lot of people in my community are switching to them. I live less than a mile away from one of the CA fires back in November...Allstate, Farmers and StateFarm are not writing any new business in my area and they are going to Travelers (only writing in certain areas of my community), Lloyds (expensive) and Horace Mann. I appreciate them not ditching my community like the other insurers are.

This won't help your decision, but I always thought you had to be a teacher to buy Horace Mann, not the case I found out recently.

Everyone I know who has them for their HO is VERY happy and a lot of people in my community are switching to them. I live less than a mile away from one of the CA fires back in November...Allstate, Farmers and StateFarm are not writing any new business in my area and they are going to Travelers (only writing in certain areas of my community), Lloyds (expensive) and Horace Mann. I appreciate them not ditching my community like the other insurers are.

I was just approached by Horace Mann for a job offer.
So is Horace Mann a expensive insurer compared to the others that you mentioned? Please give more feed back. Thank you.

I am not and never have been a Horace Mann rep, however I brush up against them all the time in the 403(b) business. The Agent I have talked to are happy as noted have a book of business and focus heavily on the Teacher Market...They have access to P&C, L&H and Securities....If I wouldn't fall asleep reading the p&c book and didn't have my current non-compete I might seriously look into Horace Mann

OK great I am going to look into them. They had me fill out a questionnaire online and then review my answers and if they liked what they see, they are going to schedule another interview. Thank you for the response.

"Had an offer from Horace Mann, most complete and thorough offer I have ever had in the business, working in the independent side of the industry now, the Horace Mann offer includes a book of business, support, support monies with production, it looks and sounds great, give me some feedback if you can, I am in the South away from the coast though, Thanks, new to the site and needed some help and guidance."
I am going on an interview this afternoon with a manager who has been with Horace Mann for 23 years.
So what happened to you? Did you take the job? Any advice?
I have been selling supplemental insurance for 10 years and this looked like a good niche market.
Anyone out there turning this into a successful business? With at LEAST 6 figure income?
Please advise and thanks.

Latest posts

Back