Needing Some Info On Starting An Agency

brian41527

I have been looking into starting an allstate agency from scratch. But after all the reading on this site I have found that its a bad idea. So I decided to start researching how to start an independent agency but all I have been able to find is information about independent health. Can someone please give me some info on independent P&C and Commercial. Thanks..

Last edited:
Re: Needing Some Info..

I have been looking into starting an allstate agency from scratch. But after all the reading on this site I have found that its a bad idea. So I decided to start researching how to start an independent agency but all I have been able to find is information about independent health. Can someone please give me some info on independent P&C and Commercial. Thanks..

I know it is hard to do. It will be hard to cover your over head getting started and will take you some time to build up enough clients to break even.

You are almost better off trying to take over an existing agency if you can afford it.

Re: Needing Some Info..

Honestly, I think this crowd is entirely too tough on the Allstate deal. The biggest challenge you'll have with Allstate is making sure that you have a solid marketing plan for the type of risk mother Allstate wants. You'll have instant brand recognition, access to marketing money, tons of training support, a competitive product, access to solid bonuses, and the peace of mind of knowing that if you turn off the phones and they call in for customer service they'll be well taken care of.

Also and not for nothing, but that scratch agent contract is *MUCH* more lucrative than any contracts you'll get with carriers as an indy agent.

Hi, I'm from southern Indiana and have chosen to be an independent agent working from home; however, need advice on getting started. I have my life & health license; who are some good affiliate companies and what should I do about charge backs, etc.

Hi, I'm from southern Indiana and have chosen to be an independent agent working from home; however, need advice on getting started. I have my life & health license; who are some good affiliate companies and what should I do about charge backs, etc.

I think I saw this same post in another thread. Once is enough.

Back