Never Before Heard this Customer Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't read too much into the supposed racist comment. That's just how some folks talk. At least I wouldn't take it that way, not even a little bit.:nah:

p.s.- At least she told you she wanted some insurance from the get-go. How many leads never even lead to a discussion of life insurance?:)

Why she gotta be black bro?

She says, "Show me some coverages that you would show white folks not these bull*$#@ amounts!"

He wanted to make sure after reading her comment that we didn't envision her as being brown, tan, red or any other shade of melanin.

Well, most people cant sell. Thats a fact.

Most agents dont make it full time in this industry after 18 months. Thats a fact.

Alot, maybe not most, are pushing an agenda here. Just look at the signature lines. Associations, lead vendors, wanna be IMOs, and everything inbetween is being marketed all over this place. There's an unlimited supply of green agents excited to spend money and/or time to do their best. Then they quit because their "manager" was a nobody and taught them to fail.

Just like the rest of this industry, this forum is a bunch of wannabes that think highly of themselves that stumbled across an MGA contract and think they are business owners.

Other than a couple people on here, most users on this forum are nobodies in the industry.

The real players are getting 140 to 150 point NMO contracts.

Now I'm not saying I'm a huge player in this industry (I dont recruit). But I do enough business individually to know a number of NMOs. And my individual contract is higher than most of you recruiting here.

I've been doing this too long, I guess I know too much.

So now you know what contract levels everyone is on, huh? You really are an enigma. Every once in a while you will actually say something that isn't pure BS, but most of the time you make statements like the one I put in bold here.

You don't know half of what you claim to know and you keep showing it with most of your posts!

So, the real players are getting 140% and 150% contracts at an NMO level, even though they don't recruit? I'm betting you don't have contracts anywhere near that high yourself, especially if you don't recruit. You should understand that side of the business before you go spewing things from your mouth that are obvious BS and that you have no clue about. You're so full of crap I can smell your breath over the internet!

I'm also curious about one other thing. If you think most of the people on here are ignorant like you indicate, why do you come here to read or post anything?

It really appears that your whole agenda is to come on here and bash everyone and everything. It has become very apparent that you are not who you claim to be. I wouldn't doubt that your username is a 2nd or 3rd one for you on here and you've created this one just to do exactly what you are doing.

So now you know what contract levels everyone is on, huh? You really are an enigma. Every once in a while you will actually say something that isn't pure BS, but most of the time you make statements like the one I put in bold here. You don't know half of what you claim to know and you keep showing it with most of your posts! So, the real players are getting 140% and 150% contracts at an NMO level, even though they don't recruit? I'm betting you don't have contracts anywhere near that high yourself, especially if you don't recruit. You should understand that side of the business before you go spewing things from your mouth that are obvious BS and that you have no clue about. You're so full of crap I can smell your breath over the internet! I'm also curious about one other thing. If you think most of the people on here are ignorant like you indicate, why do you come here to read or post anything? It really appears that your whole agenda is to come on here and bash everyone and everything. It has become very apparent that you are not who you claim to be. I wouldn't doubt that your username is a 2nd or 3rd one for you on here and you've created this one just to do exactly what you are doing.

You don't know who Ginger is yet? He used to be one of your agents.

So now you know what contract levels everyone is on, huh? You really are an enigma. Every once in a while you will actually say something that isn't pure BS, but most of the time you make statements like the one I put in bold here.

You don't know half of what you claim to know and you keep showing it with most of your posts!

So, the real players are getting 140% and 150% contracts at an NMO level, even though they don't recruit? I'm betting you don't have contracts anywhere near that high yourself, especially if you don't recruit. You should understand that side of the business before you go spewing things from your mouth that are obvious BS and that you have no clue about. You're so full of crap I can smell your breath over the internet!

I'm also curious about one other thing. If you think most of the people on here are ignorant like you indicate, why do you come here to read or post anything?

It really appears that your whole agenda is to come on here and bash everyone and everything. It has become very apparent that you are not who you claim to be. I wouldn't doubt that your username is a 2nd or 3rd one for you on here and you've created this one just to do exactly what you are doing.

I'm one of the few "regular" posters that has no agenda. There are people on this forum preying on unsuspecting agents, and ripping them off. Thats the BS you smell.

No I am not an NMO, but if agents went with the real players in the industry they'd make it, like what most producing agents do who are not misled by regular posters of this forum. Unlike the high turn over you have at your agency, if done correctly agents can make money in this feild and not quit. But you're a middle man, eating up agents profits for no reason.

Now, this is my one and only username, however as I've said before I have been lurking for a while.

It's apparent to many of us that this forum is filled with a bunch of wannabes. However, there are some truly good agents on here. Very few. The fakes are getting their feelings hurt by me. Get over it.

If you can't handle the heat Todd, get out of the kitchen.

----------

You don't know who Ginger is yet? He used to be one of your agents.

I have never, ever, been contacted to sell with any company for any of you bozos.

I have standards.

Had an appointment with a 62-year-old black female today. She informed me that she had no coverage currently because she had recently gotten into a financial bind and had to drop the coverage. So after asking health questions and looking at all her medications, I see that she is ok other than COPD. Since she is unsure of whether she wants to be cremated or have a full burial, I write down several coverage amounts starting with $3,000 going up to about $8,000. She takes one look at the figures and says, "I'm not interested in any of those coverages." I said, "What do you mean?" She says, "Show me some coverages that you would show white folks not these bull*$#@ amounts!" Again I say, "What exactly do you mean as I show these kinds of amounts to everyone?" She then tells me she wouldn't be interested in anything less than $50,000. I tell her that I could show those amounts but they wouldn't be affordable. She then sounds offended and asks how I know they wouldn't be affordable for her. I say that she just told me she had to drop coverage recently because of a financial bind. She says how do I know that she's going to be the one paying for coverage and then tells me to close my books and leave. I agree, close my books, thank her for her time but let her know that she wasted mine. As I'm headed down the steps of her apartment complex she follows me out and tells me I didn't have to be so rude........right. These folks get used to hearing pie in the sky term policy amounts from Globe & AARP I suppose, but that was a new response for me, lol.

I always tell people , way before prices even come up , "I need you to understand that I am nothing like that junk you get in the mail, on the phone or any other method that is not knee cap to knee cap .wen people don't sit down with an agent , I find they always have the wrong type of coverage , but I can always help them ... . . AARP , globe life , colonial pen ... Most of these policies are term ....."then I educate them on the difference and how they work .

Then I find their why and so on ... depending on what there why is , this is getting closer to price .

If there why makes sense ... If they say " ion not want my kid s to have to pay for my burial " and they want "just enough to bury eye" then I ask them if they know how much a burial is ..... This will lead into a different set of questions

If they say "I want to take care of my burial and leave some behind " I ask them again , do you know how much a burial is ? And "how much do you want to leave behind ?"

If this all matches up to their "$50,000" then show them . I would show them a fewer smaller policies as well... 40k & 20k and explain that you can always start with a policy that is comfortable now. You can explain "if you want to , later down the road, increase your coverage ... I can certainly help you do that ..." You can even add that many clients prefer multiple policies ... It leave it open ..... Then ask them "which one of these makes the most sense for you right now ?" And look at them , tilt your head and listen .... Judging by their response - you make your next move ....

Or - if their why and how much do not add up to their "$50k"... Try to bring them down to earth ...

"Prospect, I need you to understand that this is nothing like aarp or AAA or any of those companies I have mentioned before . This never expires , never goes up in price and we can get you immediate coverage ... As long as you qualify . All of that stuff goes up in price and expires when you need it most..."

I go into educating them again , this time going into a down sell before I show any prices. Or pre qualify ...

I then say something like
"I would really love to drive a {brand new BMW or lifted jeep , whatever fits ,} to work everyday , but some things just don't make sense at this point in my life . That's the same thing with these policies , most of my clients want to leave their kids with $1,000,000,000; we all want to give as much as we can. But we need to make sure we can afford it . if you have to cancel this down the road then I'm not helping you at all. Does this make sense ? We need to make sure that this fits all of YOUr needs .

"Ok good, now let me show you a couple options that will make sure your daughter Karen will be able to fully care of your burial , and I'll also show u a couple options that will make sure Karen can take care of your funeral , and have some money left over so she can get that car you want we to have ....*bring emotion back *.. But you have to make sure you find something that's comfortable ... Does that makes sense ?

Have you ever had any cancer .... Then pre qualify them and show them some options .....

----------

It seems like she didn't find any value in what you showed her . If she wanted 50k ... And without explaining why your showing her lower numbers , she probably felt like you didn't even listen to her . She may have been frustrated and wanted to buy from someone else ...

Or it may have just been because she didn't like you , she knew she wouldn't buy from the beginning . Don't take this business personally , it's just numbers .

She said she had no burial coverage. I've never sold someone a $50,000 whole life "burial" policy! Anytime someone like her mentions a large policy amount they are thinking about something similar to AARP term to 80 and don't care that it will expire at some point in the future.

Why not slip her a WL burial and a separate term for the other need, totaling 50k, sounds like what she might want. Independent, best deals roll through me, and most of my clients end up getting the white folks rates, so you're right, hold on a sec. I'll right these down.

Why not slip her a WL burial and a separate term for the other need, totaling 50k, sounds like what she might want. Independent, best deals roll through me, and most of my clients end up getting the white folks rates, so you're right, hold on a sec. I'll right these down.
good call ! ... I just recently did that . Phoenix - 5k + living benefits and a 10k Trans Fe

----------

good call ! ... I just recently did that . Phoenix - 5k + living benefits and a 10k Trans Fe
50k ** for Phoenix not 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back