New Agent Advise

Adelstein

I just recently obtained my 440 license in Florida and am very new to the insurance field. I have a school age child and seeking full time employment. I was in the medical field for many years and have made a career change after my child went to school. I want to make a decent living with good benefits. I am willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. What kind of advise can you offer me as to what companies to seek out and why? Also, what should be my game plan to really succeed long term. ?

I want to make a decent living with good benefits. I am willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. What kind of advise can you offer me as to what companies to seek out and why? Also, what should be my game plan to really succeed long term. ?

I would really recommend you to read the book named Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. You will find answers to your questions there.
Don't thank. :)

I just recently obtained my 440 license in Florida and am very new to the insurance field. I have a school age child and seeking full time employment. I was in the medical field for many years and have made a career change after my child went to school. I want to make a decent living with good benefits. I am willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. What kind of advise can you offer me as to what companies to seek out and why? Also, what should be my game plan to really succeed long term. ?

First, offer the product that you enjoy offering. This should also be a part of your game plan.

I would really recommend you to read the book named Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. You will find answers to your questions there.
Don't thank. :)

Not to change the subject on this thread but I looked at the reviews on this book and they look surprisingly well. Would you say this book plays a role in insurance ?

I just recently obtained my 440 license in Florida and am very new to the insurance field. I have a school age child and seeking full time employment. I was in the medical field for many years and have made a career change after my child went to school. I want to make a decent living with good benefits. I am willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. What kind of advise can you offer me as to what companies to seek out and why?
As I'm sure you're aware, the Florida 440 has a somewhat limited scope - it has to be attached to a full P&C producer (220). 440 is a "customer service representative" license. Best bet may be to seek out State Farm, Allstate, etc.-type agents for employment.
Also, what should be my game plan to really succeed long term. ?
That depends. Goals need to be more specific than "I want to make a decent living with good benefits". How much is that? A good place to start would be to upgrade ASAP to a Florida 220 license - if property and casualty insurance is what you what to do.

Hey, hope you got some answers to your questions. I'm new to this forum, but definitely not insurance. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.

I also have a website that details how to start your own agency, I don't think you are there yet, but will gladly send you the link (Can't post it yet, I don't have enough posts, LOL)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, for the record, I agree 100% with M&M...you need a general lines license first and foremost (2-20).

Last edited:
Back