New agent Already 22 policies sold first week

Lemonconcon

Hello,
I'm a new State Farm agent and I'm also new to the industry.... I just finish with all the modules last week and I been selling Auto and Fire since Friday last week. As of now my current numbers are 14 Auto policies, 7 Renters and 1 Condo.... When I go to my production manager I see that my entire office has 32 so that means they only sold 10 in between them all....
Here is where my questions come, First my commission...
1% added vehicles
2% auto alone 3% ML auto
3% HO
$15 Renters
$25 condo
$10 Motorcycle
$10 PAP
$10 PLUP
5% NY property
$20 short term disability
17,5% Disability
%12,5 Hosp income
and
5% Auto & Fire if I bring the client

Apparently there is no renewal or any kind of pay to keep clients even on friend and family I bring. Also if someone is already in State Farm and want to be transfer to the office because of me, I don't get pay anything.
Is the commission with no renewal a fair practice? Is what I'm getting a good deal?
Please help cause I don't really see a long future like this... specially not owning my book of business nor getting anything for renewals....
Are my 22 new policies a good start for the first week or this is nothing to be proud of?
We have 4 other salesman in the office and they sold 10 policies in the same time most of them renters...

Thank you for reading.

Regular shared leads, 3-4 a day. Base salary is $450/week.
I'm a full licensed, full pnc and life n health. My idea is to make a career out of this but getting an avg of $30-50 per sale wont really pay my bills specially if there is no renewal and the product is not very competitive but I'm also responsible to service them and the office incoming calls, wont be a problem at the beginning but I see it as a problem later on when there is a lot of them and I wont have time to sell and actually make money.... I need some opinions from agents in the industry, I have a new family with 2 kids and I want to really start a career in this field, but I don't know if this agent is the right one.
Edit: Both licenses, test and courses were paid by me.

if you are salaried, then this is normal practice and fair if your salary is around $30k as an inside CSR for the agency.

My guess is, you are not salaried. So I would go elsewhere. if you can't make $750/week with your talent, get paid better elsewhere.

The Skipper

Last edited:
No, I use my own clients... Also get referrals from the existing... The month of May I ended up writing 37 cars and a total of 55 policies.... This past month I wrote 52 new cars, and a total of 73 policies.... My Life license came only 2 days before the end of the cycle and I wrote 3 policies in those 2 days. But unfortunately we could not come into a money agreement with the owner and I left the office on July 1st.
I got payed a little over $1550 as commission for all those policies without any type of renewal. To me that very little money specially knowing that I will have to take care of that amount of clients for nothing more then what I got payed.

Back