New-ish Texas Agent

Dexamenus

I'm a relatively new agent here in east texas and i'm looking for a GA. I'm still learning things everyday so i'm sure a place that offered some training would be a big help. Health Choice One and I were in contact at one time but they seemed to be geared towards someone with a little more experience, or at least thats what the specific rep. told me lol. So i'm not scared of the work and i've been captive before so I already LOVE the phone but I just need to find a good home to start my appoinments and get my materials and some helpful advice to get the year off to a good start. Thanks everyone.

I'm a relatively new agent here in east texas and i'm looking for a GA. I'm still learning things everyday so i'm sure a place that offered some training would be a big help. Health Choice One and I were in contact at one time but they seemed to be geared towards someone with a little more experience, or at least thats what the specific rep. told me lol. So i'm not scared of the work and i've been captive before so I already LOVE the phone but I just need to find a good home to start my appoinments and get my materials and some helpful advice to get the year off to a good start. Thanks everyone.

I would find another product line to market in addition to ind health insurance.

I would find another product line to market in addition to ind health insurance.

I would love too. Getting started in the Independent world I would like to focus on FE and maybe market as MP. I just have absolutely no clue as to what IMO or GA to pick. East Texas is a "good ol' boy" network and its hard to find a brick and mortar agency that will show me the ropes. That's what i'd really like to have is some sort of face-to-face contact but at this point i'll take what i can get.

I would love too. Getting started in the Independent world I would like to focus on FE and maybe market as MP. I just have absolutely no clue as to what IMO or GA to pick. East Texas is a "good ol' boy" network and its hard to find a brick and mortar agency that will show me the ropes. That's what i'd really like to have is some sort of face-to-face contact but at this point i'll take what i can get.

Brick and Mortar? As in an "office".....that's way too old school......all u need is an ipad and a blackberry and u can sell from ur bathroom....:)

seriously there are plenty of IMO's on this very board who can help u.

Don't start out by making a career mistake. Avoid focusing on FE. I know I'll take a bit of heat but I don't care. Strive for a career as either a life, senior of health agent and avoid those niche products. There's nothing wrong at all with selling FE, but as a cross-sell.

Last edited:
Don't start out by making a career mistake. Avoid focusing on FE. I know I'll take a bit of heat but I don't care. Strive for a career as either a life, senior of health agent and avoid those niche products. There's nothing wrong at all with selling FE, but as a cross-sell.

I wouldn't say cross sell, more of an instead of sell.

If you prospect for life, you will find plenty of FE sales. FE is just using WL in a certain manner. If you prospect enough for life, don't be surprised if you sell as much FE as the average FE agent.

Latest posts

Back