New One from Colonial Penn Agent

@Chaz, in these "they forgot" situations you have to respond with confidence and leadership that.. "Yes, we discussed a cheaper plan F like the plan F you had at CP, then we also talked about alternatives that offered greater shvings, but had minor out of pocket expenses."

I usually go on to say that everything major, all hospital, ambulance, nursing home, testing in the doctors office or hospital are paid exactly the same on N and F. Be sure to point out that the copay is only calculated on the doctor's office fee and not what they do to you at the visit.

The only client I had that had issues was when she needed therapy and it was done by her doctor in her office, she got slapped with a $19.67 visit three days/week for few months... that got expensive. Still I did the math, she came off a plan F at almost $300/mo to plan N at ~$125... I did the math and told her son how much money she was still ahead of the game. He thought plan N was a great deal after that detail.

Well of course I did Gordon. She still didn't remember and said she would never pay $198 for a plan F. I assured her that it was the premium she was paying and told her I could put her on the Plan F for $161 and cover 100%. She said hold on and looked at her checkbook and realized she did pay $198 for that plan F and all was good.

The point that I was making earlier was that clients can misinterpret or forget what us agents explain to them. I didn't feel the need to explain the outcome

jdeasy said:
I'm meeting with a guy tomorrow that told me he has a CP agent coming by in the morning. He is 65 in Oct and had already taken out plan F with UoO a month or so ago to get the UoO rate of $118/mo for plan F before they became Omaha Ins or whatever the new name is.

He already cancelled his UoO because the CP lady told him she could get him plan F for $100/mo. I asked him if he was sure she said plan "F". He said, "well, she said I wouldn't have to worry about co-pays".

I'm seeing him at 1:30 tomorrow. I told to look at what she has and get literature but don't sign anything until he lets me look it over. he agreed to do just that. I figured she was quoting plan N.

This is in Indiana. Anyone know the CP rates for a turning 65 male non tobacco?

66 female is $150 or $160. Just replaced one last week. So a male is that price or more. Not sure if they have unisex rates or not.

Back