New p&c licensee in nj

zifonex

I just got my P&C License for NJ and am looking for the best advice on where to get a job that I will be able to make (at the very least) my monthly expenses for living. (approx. $2k) I understand I'm not going to "start at the top", and that there will be a lot to learn, but I do have 20 years of work/life experience in sales and banking that I hope will help my search.

I guess I am looking for:

Where to start?
What can I make$?
Who will hire me?
Best type of resume?
Where to find them?
How to contact them?

Thank you all for the myriad of information I've recei:err:ved here! I am grateful t you all!!!

I just got my P&C License for NJ and am looking for the best advice on where to get a job that I will be able to make (at the very least) my monthly expenses for living. (approx. $2k) I understand I'm not going to "start at the top", and that there will be a lot to learn, but I do have 20 years of work/life experience in sales and banking that I hope will help my search.

I guess I am looking for:

Where to start?
What can I make$?
Who will hire me?
Best type of resume?
Where to find them?
How to contact them?

Thank you all for the myriad of information I've recei:err:ved here! I am grateful t you all!!!

Looks like you need to start off on a salary, that is tougher. Liberty Mutual I believe has a salary to start and they have good training from what I heard. See if you can look into it.

I would google all the insurance agencies near you and call to see if anyone of them is hiring with a salary.

Looks like you need to start off on a salary, that is tougher. Liberty Mutual I believe has a salary to start and they have good training from what I heard. See if you can look into it.

I would google all the insurance agencies near you and call to see if anyone of them is hiring with a salary.

Blue is right, I was with Liberty Mutual for 2 years and it was a really good experience. Salary, Commission, Bonus, full benefits. Nowhere will you find that starting out.

If your interested let me know and I can connect you with the right people in NJ.

Agreed with the above...LM is a great company for training/salary! I just posted in another thread. Depending on your area, it may be hard to get hired...but worth it!
Good Luck!!!

Can't post the link to my other reply, but search for What is the Best Way to Go About This?? and you should find it..if you want!

Back