New to Forum, Thinking of Starting Agency W/hubby

kolyaboo

Hi, I'm new here but not to insurance. I used to work as a broker, reformed LOL, then went to work as a captive, then left, did other stuff, keeping my licenses (most of them) current.
My husband is working a temp job but now has his license and we were thinking of going indy and starting our own agency. Anyone else do this? What are the pitfalls? Should we contract directly w/carriers or go thru someone else? I would rather do it myself but I understand some of them want you to go through an agency they already do business with.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

I have had success selling life (all kinds), but want to sell health too. We are in TX but I like selling over the phone in other states (and here, TX is a huge state!). I have no problem purchasing leads, as long as they're decent. Otherwise you might as well cold call. LOL
Hubby is opposite, sort of. Has experience selling medigap and supps but no life.
We are both internet savvy and can create a website etc. We both have years of phone sales experience.
I am short on bus. of my own exper. as well as not being a captive agent, but know about product and sales.

For example, what is an IMO?

An IMO is an upline you would go through to get contracted with carriers. If you want to do term sales via phone, contact Jeff Root 949-480-9638. If your husband is wanting Med Supps, give Todd King a call at 540-400-6275. Tell him James Roman sent you.

Last edited:
Back