New to industry

Nmbrcrnchr

Hello-

I’m very new to this industry. My goal is to open a multi insurance company agency (progressive/nationwide/travelers).

Question: Instead of going through each company and requesting an appointment, is there some kind of company or association that I can join that I don’t need to go through each insurance company?

If I need to post this elsewhere, please let me know.

Yes. That is exactly what a cluster is for. Around here we have PIA, PIIB, United Valley, and I assume several others. I can't speak for your area.

As a new agency, a cluster will probably make the most sense, and likely be your only real option as many carriers won't even give you the time of day yet.

Hello-

I’m very new to this industry. My goal is to open a multi insurance company agency (progressive/nationwide/travelers).

Question: Instead of going through each company and requesting an appointment, is there some kind of company or association that I can join that I don’t need to go through each insurance company?

If I need to post this elsewhere, please let me know.

Indiana or Illinois specifically

As a captive you would be required to have sufficient working capital to open and get appointed as an agent. As an independent you will have to find a cluster to get appointed with the different carriers, they would want to see a few years of business in order to appoint you directly. Your best bet would be to work for an independent in your area so that you can figure this business out and get to know the carrier reps

Cluster, Aggregator, MGA are terms that independents often use to refer to these companies that you may be able to assist you with getting those appointments.

These terms are similar but different, and quite frankly debatable.

And there is lots and lots and lots of information on this forum about this.

One word of wisdom: Choose your Cluster....carefully.

Back