New to Med Sup

All this back and forth over medicare products reminds me of left/right political polemic, when the reality is, both products (MS & MAPD) have their place.

I agree that MS is by far a superior product and I strongly urge all of my senior clients to go that route paired with a PDP. However, there are many that either;

1.) Can't afford the premiums or simply won't pay them.
2.) Have missed their OEP/GI period, are unhealthy and won't qualify for MS.
3.) Are on SSDI and are under 65 and can't/won't pay the exorbitant under 65 MS premiums.
4.) Are on both Medicare and Medicaid and are "dual eligible" and are a perfect fit for a SNP.

For this group, MAPD is absolutely worth it if their doctors/hospital are in network. Furthermore, for the SNP/SEP demographic, you can sell MAPDs year round, not just during AEP.

Yes, MAPD is a complete pain in the ass every year with testing, red tape, SOAFs, etc...but, why would you leave money on the table when it really is low hanging fruit AND gives the individual better coverage than what they would have with just original medicare? In my humble opinion, it's absolutely worth it to provide both options to your clients. Strongly encourage them to go with MS because it's the right thing to do, but don't just walk away empty handed and leave them with just original Medicare. Just silly not to offer MAPD.

The Westfall method works great for phone sales of MS (I can personally attest), but if you don't also offer MAPD, you're walking away from a substantial client base and source of income that you wouldn't have otherwise.

My $0.02... ;)

I would say $429.00 or $215.00 in my neck of the woods.

I'm a member of Chris's training site and find it a valuable source of information as well as full access to the CSG quote engine, so it more than pays for itself.

He and I disagree about MAPD but that is fine with me, my market is T65, primarily in South Florida, and Med Supplements are really expensive (lowest cost Plan F is $237, lowest Plan N is $188) so MAPD is a needed product, IMO.

It's not a big deal for me to offer both, almost everything I do with Medicare is face to face with the exception of some Supplements from referrals out of the area, it's just more paper to take with me, some extra compliance, and the likelihood that every appointment will result in an enrollment (way over 90% at this point in time).

Last edited:
I'm a member of Chris's training site and find it a valuable source of information as well as full access to the CSG quote engine, so it more than pays for itself.

He and I disagree about MAPD but that is fine with me, my market is T65, primarily in South Florida, and Med Supplements are really expensive (lowest cost Plan F is $237, lowest Plan N is $188) so MAPD is a needed product, IMO.

It's not a big deal for me to offer both, almost everything I do with Medicare is face to face with the exception of some Supplements from referrals out of the area, it's just more paper to take with me, some extra compliance, and the likelihood that every appointment will results in an enrollment (way over 90% at this point in time).

I appreciate how you slipped that in...I can tell you are a good agent. :yes: I absolutely love Chris' site, it has tons and tons of great insider industry info, not an easy task, we should all strive for that type of mindset.

Carl, or whatever your real name is, don't you see that your post count doesn't go up? That's because the moderators keep taking down your posts because you don't know how to follow the rules. Many on here have tried to tell you that (I am one of them), but you just continue to spam like you don't know what the rules are. I'm sure you're aware of them by now, so this has become a matter of blatantly doing what you want to do all the while challenging the moderators. I hope they'll just go ahead and ban you for life along with your IP address.

Back