New to Sales, New to Insurance!! Help Please

how long were you with primerica? we would like you to relate your experiences, with primerica, good or bad. i went to 2 meetings, to much rah,rah, for me... i don't need hand claps, i need a good contract with good training?.lol..

how long were you with primerica? we would like you to relate your experiences, with primerica, good or bad. i went to 2 meetings, to much rah,rah, for me... i don't need hand claps, i need a good contract with good training?.lol..

I didn't want to recruit just to get higher commission levels. Primerica sells the dream, not the product.

I want the dream and the products to go with it.

I remember when I was at Farmers, in a STATE meeting, they were discussing referrals,

One agent said when he was at someones house, apps filled out, he asked for 5 referrals, when people wrote down the numbers, he would hand the client the phone and told them to call them and introduce them.

Me and him got into an arguement right in front of everyone, about being way too pushy and told him, if I was the client and you told me to do that, I would have kicked your ass out of the house. someone asked why, I said, because I havent earned the clients respect yet and they will refer when they are happy and comfortable with me. 100's of things could screw up the sale within a couple days, some U/W could come back, they be declined, etc.

I do tell them about my referral program and when they are happy and comfortable, they will, and they do.

You cant force someone to give you referrals!

I remember when I was at Farmers, in a STATE meeting, they were discussing referrals,

One agent said when he was at someones house, apps filled out, he asked for 5 referrals, when people wrote down the numbers, he would hand the client the phone and told them to call them and introduce them.

Me and him got into an arguement right in front of everyone, about being way too pushy and told him, if I was the client and you told me to do that, I would have kicked your ass out of the house. someone asked why, I said, because I havent earned the clients respect yet and they will refer when they are happy and comfortable with me. 100's of things could screw up the sale within a couple days, some U/W could come back, they be declined, etc.

I do tell them about my referral program and when they are happy and comfortable, they will, and they do.

You cant force someone to give you referrals!

I agree with everything you have said and I do the same. I get referrals, real referrals without having to ask.

I get them the old fashion way, I earn them.

I actually went to 2 training classes and 1 dinner seminar...it was very rah rah...Honestly I was asked to leave cuz i questioned the "Grand PooBah of Gurus of What-Not Who Knows What" about some things that seemed two faced and inappropriate.
Ill give you the short list cuz i never signed the p-work and became their agent.
1. New people=25% contract. Never seen a lower one before that or since then. Example 125 annualized prem. you make 1/2 a tank of gas (31.25) thats crap!
2. The software they use is proprietary...You input all your clients data and it is beamed to their home office...They become Primericas clients NOT YOURS!
3. Those clients most (every) of the time are YOUR WARM MARKET. YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. If you leave the company to sell for someone else you cant talk to them. And some one from PRIMERICA WILL CALL or Stop BY AND FIND OUT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO "STEAL" one of their clients even if they are your neighbor or wifes 2nd cousin or best friend from college.
4. To get promoted you give up 1 or 2 of your own personal recruits to get the promotion. They call it replacing yourself...I call it Bull Puckey!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I actually went to 2 training classes and 1 dinner seminar...it was very rah rah...Honestly I was asked to leave cuz i questioned the "Grand PooBah of Gurus of What-Not Who Knows What" about some things that seemed two faced and inappropriate.
Ill give you the short list cuz i never signed the p-work and became their agent.
1. New people=25% contract. Never seen a lower one before that or since then. Example 125 annualized prem. you make 1/2 a tank of gas (31.25) thats crap!
2. The software they use is proprietary...You input all your clients data and it is beamed to their home office...They become Primericas clients NOT YOURS!
3. Those clients most (every) of the time are YOUR WARM MARKET. YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. If you leave the company to sell for someone else you cant talk to them. And some one from PRIMERICA WILL CALL or Stop BY AND FIND OUT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO "STEAL" one of their clients even if they are your neighbor or wifes 2nd cousin or best friend from college.
4. To get promoted you give up 1 or 2 of your own personal recruits to get the promotion. They call it replacing yourself...I call it Bull Puckey!!!!
5.They Sell themselves as being Right for America with this idea of Buy term, invest the difference! SAVE SAVE SAVE Dont use Credit cards to get into debt, Buy everything with cash...heres the thing...THEY ARE A DIVISION OF CITIGROUP...SAME LOGO ON MY CITIBANK MASTERCARD! Talk about dont let your right hand know what your left hand is doing!

Last edited:
5.They Sell themselves as being Right for America with this idea of Buy term, invest the difference! SAVE SAVE SAVE Dont use Credit cards to get into debt, Buy everything with cash...heres the thing...THEY ARE A DIVISION OF CITIGROUP...SAME LOGO ON MY CITIBANK MASTERCARD! Talk about dont let your right hand know what your left hand is doing!

You really think they don't know what is going on? BTID is great for the credit card companies. They know human behavior very well, they can afford the research and computer models. BITD keeps people from saving in any fashion, so they keep spending and running up credit card debt.

i was surprised, on how many did not have their license yet. WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT, PATTY CAKES JUST PASSED HER TEST. everybody clapps.rah, rah.

How very true...I realized one time after sitting with a Prospect (tooo long btw) I asked where he was invested...He kept evading the question, again and again,finally he reveals real estate.
"Yep best investment I ever made was in my House" turns out that was the ONLY investment he ever made.

Back