• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Newly Licensed Agent, Help!!!

hope you didnt assign your commission, i can not speak for crump, but i worked with other guys who assign commission and wont release commission until 48 days after its been placed.

also you should have talked about your compensation before you started? not to be mean, but what if they tell you they only pay you 1/2 of what you thought you were getting?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Regardless of if I get paid or not, I still can transact business through other entities as long as I don't use any of their materials in doing so. Also, my experience with crump wasn't smooth, I'd rather have lower commissions with better communication. I don't want to give my business to a BGA which didn't handle my case in a professional manner. (I literally had to correct them 10 plus times for mispellings, errors in addresses, and other improperly documented items)

Last edited:
Coverage effective date is 7/21, so 48 days has gone by. Also, I have emails stating that commissions will start at a certain level, which is a nice payout for this policy (above 95%). My absolute assignment of commissions is 100% of assignors compensation, it is assigned to the Business Entity I created which is licensed through my states department of Insurance.

Also, I don't care if I get half of what I thought I was going to get, I just want a reward for my hard work. Something that might be of help is I made an estimated production commitment to them for 5000 dollars Annualized target first year premium....does this mean I don't get paid until I get 5000ap with them?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Regardless of if I get paid or not, I still can transact business through other entities as long as I don't use any of their materials in doing so. Also, my experience with crump wasn't smooth, I'd rather have lower commissions with better communication. I don't want to give my business to a BGA which didn't handle my case in a professional manner. (I literally had to correct them 10 plus times for mispellings, errors in addresses, and other improperly documented items)

If it's a smaller premium and your client is paying monthly, and since the carrier and Crump don't annualize comp (which I think is a good thing), you might not have hit the minimum to have comp sent by check or EFT. Just a thought.

Back