Recently licensed

AgentJen

I just got health and life license and I am new to it all. Where or how do you start? I have been working with a company but I'm not sure they are going to be a good fit. I feel like I am being talked over every time I ask questions. My mentor is all about being pushy in sales to the point he is rude. I wanted to be licensed to actually help people but don't feel I can if I can't get decent training. Everyday i am being asked to spend more money for more state licenses or getting appointed with more companies which I am not comfortable doing when i dont feel like i am learning anything. Any suggestions about getting started?

I just got health and life license and I am new to it all. Where or how do you start? I have been working with a company but I'm not sure they are going to be a good fit. I feel like I am being talked over every time I ask questions. My mentor is all about being pushy in sales to the point he is rude. I wanted to be licensed to actually help people but don't feel I can if I can't get decent training. Everyday i am being asked to spend more money for more state licenses or getting appointed with more companies which I am not comfortable doing when i dont feel like i am learning anything. Any suggestions about getting started?
What type of insurance do you want to sell?

Under 65, I have not taken the course to be licensed for Medicare , I am not opposed to selling Medicare once I get things figured out but as of right now, the mentor I'm working g with is saying not to do Medicare. My main concern is I am overwhelmed just starting out and don't know which direction to turn because I feel like tye mentor I have now is not much help and just basically says make dials every time I ask for help

Under 65, I have not taken the course to be licensed for Medicare , I am not opposed to selling Medicare once I get things figured out but as of right now, the mentor I'm working g with is saying not to do Medicare. My main concern is I am overwhelmed just starting out and don't know which direction to turn because I feel like tye mentor I have now is not much help and just basically says make dials every time I ask for help
The 1st thing I'd do is find a new mentor. :yes:

I agree 100% just not sure how to go about that. I am thinking I will just take my resume to some local agents and see if anyone is willing to help unless anyone has a better idea on how to find a good mentor. Obviously these "training provided" work from home and be an independent agent places are a scam. I maybe shouldn't say that, I can't say they all are ot even the place I'm with, I think I just ended up with a bad mentor.

I agree 100% just not sure how to go about that. I am thinking I will just take my resume to some local agents and see if anyone is willing to help unless anyone has a better idea on how to find a good mentor. Obviously these "training provided" work from home and be an independent agent places are a scam. I maybe shouldn't say that, I can't say they all are ot even the place I'm with, I think I just ended up with a bad mentor.
You might see if Scott will have any guidance for you. He lives in North Carolina.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/sshafran.13915/

Last edited:
Back