Next Wave Marketing Strategies.com

I know it’s a 7 year old thread. But Aged Lead Store - Aged Insurance, Mortgage, and Solar Leads is still up and running, so it’s still relevant. It is definitely harder to get people on the phone these days. If I was using them for telesales, I’d make sure I was doing it in a TCPA-compliant manner, and I’d buy a pretty big pile of them to call through several times.

I know they’re not recommended for door to door, but I have used them for that, and they actually have worked for me (for FE in lower income areas). I cold knock the address and if they answer the door, I ask for the name on the lead. But I’m going to talk to whoever answers the door to see if I can get an opening. I’m also going to knock on neighbors’ doors.

For cold doorknocking, I’ll usually buy everything available in a particular zip code, arrange them in carrier route order, then knock through the list 2-3 times.

Aged leads in general should not be used as a primary source. I’ve mostly used them for fill-in activity when other lead sources are slow, or I get porched, etc.

I do agree with you that aged leads in general should not be a primary source. I used work in the lead acquisition and lead gen space for the insurance industry and have found success in having an insurance agency work aged leads and close sales, however, it was highly dependent on how old these leads were, but I only used them as a supplement to the real-time leads I was receiving whether I was working with vendors to buy or leads I was actually generating through advertising for the insurance agents (I generated leads for roughly 50+ agents). If an agent is going to invest in aged data, I would recommend nothing less than 45-60 days old. The older the lead, the high probability a lead's email address and phone number may change. However, that is dependent on the age group your targeting of course. Also, keep in mind, if an agent is willing to re-market the aged leads, they could generate life insurance leads by marketing to aged medicare leads, etc. There is a place for aged data, you just have to know how to work it to generate positive revenue and maintain a low CPL and high CPA.

Back