NextGen Leads for Medicare ..?

Yeah, ya gotta get ahold of active people during AEP with all the tv ads trying to pull them into MA plans ..? They forget over time ... and of course their friends chime in regularly as well. We also do a bi annual post card (July 4th and Happy Holidays at the end of the year) to keep in touch and let them know we are here ... Added an AEP card the last couple of years ... cute kid sitting next to a pumpkin ... "what's all the fuss about Medicare AEP ..? You or friends have questions, give us a call ...) that kind of thing ...email 2 - 3 times a year also ... all that helps with retention / referrals of course.

Last edited:
Let me comment on ACA ... we did that for years before individual plans became ACA ... maybe we should have tried to retain that book before going into Medicare but we didn't dig having to chase people down for income verification docs., etc ... anybody still doing ACA with a comment? No shills please.

Vic ... can you clarify this ..? Not clear ... are you saying you didn't want to move these people because you didn't want to lose the 7 year 22 point comp ..? How does the 8 years come into it ..?

maybe we should have tried to retain that book before going into Medicare but we didn't dig having to chase people down for income verification docs., etc

FWIW, there are at least a couple of agents on the forum (not me) that still write U65 Obamacare business and that creates a "natural" gravy train of T65 leads.

No begging . . .

I generate my own leads as @Bevo indicated but not at the same volume he creates. I get enough referral and non-referral leads to keep me off the streets and that is all I need.

Also, I don't beg for referrals but I do a lot of sampling (retail term) that encourages folks to call or email if they are interested in learning about Medicare options.

My monthly newsletter keeps clients and prospects informed (and entertained) and is usually good for 30 - 40 referrals per year.

I don't know where the "begging" comes into it ... sure,. you can acquire SOME Medicare business through aging in ACA people but many of them are 30 - 55 years of age so ... We do email out to them but again, a LOT of headaches to acquire an occasional aging into Medicare client ... I.M.O. You said yourself that you don't go after ACA people currently ..? Whatever works for ya but why dilute your marketing going after new ACA people instead of focusing on Medicare ..?

Last edited:
I don't know where the "begging" comes into it ... sure,. you can acquire SOME Medicare business through aging in ACA people but many of them are 30 - 55 years of age so ... We do email out to them but again, a LOT of headaches to acquire an occasional aging into Medicare client ... I.M.O. You said yourself that you don't go after ACA people currently ..? Whatever works for ya but why dilute your marketing resources going after new ACA people instead of focusing on Medicare ..?

I understand Obamacare has an age range from 27 (possibly younger) to 64 but obviously if someone has a number of those clients approaching 65 that can provide a steady stream. @Yagents will attest to that.

True, I do not pursue U65 health insurance and have not done so since 2010 and no desire (or need) to fish in that pond ever again.

YMMV

Wait a minute ... i think you meant that people's monthly med./ Supp. premium got to a level where they are considering MA plans ..?
After 8 years?

Let me comment on ACA ... we did that for years before individual plans became ACA ... maybe we should have tried to retain that book before going into Medicare but we didn't dig having to chase people down for income verification docs., etc ... anybody still doing ACA with a comment? No shills please.

I
Vic ... can you clarify this ..? Not clear ... are you saying you didn't want to move these people because you didn't want to lose the 7 year 22 point comp ..? How does the 8 years come into it ..?

I'm moving them out of pocket max is much lower then premium though I am letting them understand the downsides

But the point is I am still busy but at the same time I am not getting enough new to me clients even though I am getting new reset commision,

but the book is getting older and I am getting concerned. I have had a great book and its served me well but still they wont live forever

Latest posts

Back