Nice Little Gem from Hometown Quotes

If you want to be honest, you should pay for them all if you work any of them, sales or no sales. Well, pay for the valid ones, obviously not the ones you would have returned. But if you work them, man up and pay for them, otherwise delete them all.

Well, I guess that's a good point. If I was faced with either/or, it'd be delete them since I cant work them properly with my current workload.

I figured I'd call them and if there was low hanging fruit, pay them for them...I just asked them what they thought was fair and they said "their yours, dont waste them". I'm not out to cheat anybody.

How to win friends and influence people? Agents not considering consequences of losing tempers on a public forum? Monitors letting things
like this on here on weekends, when the company being criticised likely not aware or able to offer a defense? I do NOT think this forumj is a way to influence people positively.

How to win friends and influence people? Agents not considering consequences of losing tempers on a public forum? Monitors letting things
like this on here on weekends, when the company being criticised likely not aware or able to offer a defense? I do NOT think this forumj is a way to influence people positively.

Can you please form complete sentences?

If anything, this made HTQ look good. There is a flaw in their system and they stepped up and fixed the situation.

I don't know if HTQ needs to fix anything. I think the agent has to have a better understanding of internet leads before signing on, then panicking and pausing the system, and then not contacting anybody at htq to ask for help. 14 days is a long time really, to not call and ask for help/advice during that period isn't htq's fault.

Hopefully from these posts you've learned to set a daily limit, maybe limit your zips and call/email in the future.

You've complained about not being able to get ahold of anybody on the weekend when the pause ran out. But in those 14 days were 10 days where you could.

HTQ tries a great deal harder than most to make it right even when, really this wasn't their error as much as it was yours.

While not perfect as I have yelled at bob for a thing or two and before bob, hunter. I found they always listen and if it's something that needs to be made right, they do it.

It's good they helped you out, I figured they would.

Just an opinion - a public forum like this is the last place to come to vent about any issue unless you've exhausted all attempts to solve the problem.

It's a bit like writing a scathing review of a restaurant on Yelp 1 minute after your waiter messed up an order, then saying "sorry" after they bring the correct food and comp your meal.

Just an opinion - a public forum like this is the last place to come to vent about any issue unless you've exhausted all attempts to solve the problem.

It's a bit like writing a scathing review of a restaurant on Yelp 1 minute after your waiter messed up an order, then saying "sorry" after they bring the correct food and comp your meal.

Actually I take this a little differently especially since he came back and updated the thread. Anyone reading this thread all the way through should realize that even the OP thinks Hometown Quotes has decent people to work with.

I feel the agent should be in control of all aspects of their service they are the employer.

Not hardly.

You are their customer. They make the rules, not you.

To use your example, if the employee wants to set the rules of the job they can expect to look for another job very soon.

I haven't used HTQ in a while, but the terms and conditions of the stop and start are on the site. If the agent does not read the details (it is not fine print) they really can't blame the vendor.

When I was buying leads I set the geographic limits, number of leads per day, and used the pause button as needed.

There are a lot worse lead companies out there. I have always felt HTQ was one of the good guys. They don't do everything right but what they do leaves the other vendors in the dust.

More like writing a scathing review about a pizza joint sending pizzas to your door you didn't want and charging you for them as they showed up and not being there to answer the phone when you call to get them to stop. Besides, I really dont think "scathing review" is what I did here. Pretty sure on just about every post I said they were good to work with, but this situation was crazy to me and very frustrating.

They were still sending me leads (and charging my card) and weren't around to talk to when I was venting here. Maybe its a difference of opinion, but I dont really think the post here was out of line.

They proved to be a standup organization, and I said all along they had been great to work with, and they are. Saying that, I still dont think they should have a system in place where THEY can start up a lead flow and charge you automatically for those leads as they come, but have no system in place to stop it for two and a half days. Even if I should have known better, had better controls in place, etc., the idea that that is OK, is beyond me. I can think of a lot of scenarios where that's ripe for a frustrating experience for the agent.

Again, they went above an beyond to fix it, I just dont think that kinda thing should happen in the first place, and I dont think venting here was out of line.

The problem wasn't the pause timer running out and me getting charged for some leads. The problem was the pause timer running out and them starting up the leads again automatically, charging me along the way, with no way to stop or control it in any way it FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. They've proven to be a great company. Really, they went above and beyond with no hassle at all in fixing things- my hat is off to them, but that's still a flaw in their system in my book and I dont think saying that here is wrong.

Hopefully my experience keeps someone else from doing the same thing and/or them improving their system. Isn't that why we're here? Well, that and to further the cause of Groats Disease cure research, of course...

Back