North American Senior Benefits

Many on the forum tried to warn you and help you before, but better late than never, as they say.
Congrats on going off on your own.

Well I was with them almost from the beginning. About 2 months after they first spawned. Things were great in the beginning but changed over time. Again, no ill will upon them it was just time for me and the team to fly.

----------

I remember seeing the flyers for that now. Doesn't seem like that long ago that they went to Ireland but I guess it's a been a year and a half?

Yea, and before Ireland it was Hawaii. This year is London. They switch every year from domestic to international.

Well I was with them almost from the beginning. About 2 months after they first spawned. Things were great in the beginning but changed over time. Again, no ill will upon them it was just time for me and the team to fly.

----------

Yea, and before Ireland it was Hawaii. This year is London. They switch every year from domestic to international.

Yeah because agents don't want to go internationally and have to get a passport :)

I recently obtained my life, accident and health license and I've been reviewing a number of forums for feedback on different companies (NASB, NAA, One Life, etc) that experienced agents would recommend. I'm new to the insurance biz (not sales) so I'd like a company that has a strong lead program, support, and products.

-NAA seems to be full of themselves and push the kool aid hard which can be annoying. their leads seem decent, but costly. The commission split is terrible and doesn't appear you get much, if any residuals. your upline manager is usually in a different state and therefore ride alongs and other forms of training are usually out of the question.
-I picked up that One Life used to be Parker and Associates, which has a bad rep according to the forums for screwing their agents out of residuals, hold backs and refusing to release the agents. However, as far as being screwed out of your commissions, the carriers now pay the agents directly under One Life. Not sure about the release issues now that the company is under One Life instead of Parker.
-NASB I'm on the fence about. sounds like the leads are decent and the split is higher than One Life and NAA. Also sounds like they provide decent support.. although I assume it ultimately depends on your manager.

Going independent sounds ideal for commission splits except being new to the biz, I'm very hesitant to do so until I was comfortable with the products, training, and especially prospecting/LEADS.

What are your thoughts?

I recently obtained my life, accident and health license and I've been reviewing a number of forums for feedback on different companies (NASB, NAA, One Life, etc) that experienced agents would recommend. I'm new to the insurance biz (not sales) so I'd like a company that has a strong lead program, support, and products.

-NAA seems to be full of themselves and push the kool aid hard which can be annoying. their leads seem decent, but costly. The commission split is terrible and doesn't appear you get much, if any residuals. your upline manager is usually in a different state and therefore ride alongs and other forms of training are usually out of the question.
-I picked up that One Life used to be Parker and Associates, which has a bad rep according to the forums for screwing their agents out of residuals, hold backs and refusing to release the agents. However, as far as being screwed out of your commissions, the carriers now pay the agents directly under One Life. Not sure about the release issues now that the company is under One Life instead of Parker.
-NASB I'm on the fence about. sounds like the leads are decent and the split is higher than One Life and NAA. Also sounds like they provide decent support.. although I assume it ultimately depends on your manager.

Going independent sounds ideal for commission splits except being new to the biz, I'm very hesitant to do so until I was comfortable with the products, training, and especially prospecting/LEADS.

What are your thoughts?

Run from all three! What state are you in?

You said, "I recently obtained my life, accident and health license and I've been reviewing a number of forums for feedback on different companies (NASB, NAA, One Life, etc) that experienced agents would recommend."

Add NOT after "would" (above) and that is what every experienced agent I know would say.

Back