Not a Typical FE Case

TDFnCali

Guru
1000 Post Club
California
I got a guy whos 72/NT/Non Diabetic whos had a mild HA 4/2010 with a stent....never had any health issues before that or since. He doesnt want the typical amount, its not for FE or to pay off anything specific, but to leave to his wife, 100k.

Right now, he has a pending app (took physical) with Protective Life (I think thats what he said, not 100% certain) for a UL thats 100k til 82, then decreases every yr til its 10k by age 99, same premium- $192/mo.

Is there a better type of policy he could get OR a better price for the type hes getting?

Im not too familiar with ULs & I know WL would probably be out the question, although he wouldnt rule out a lower amount if it stayed level. I wont even try RNA as much as they decline my WL apps, esp since hes only 3yrs removed from a HA.

Help? This maybe a case for Wino to help me with

I got a guy whos 72/NT/Non Diabetic whos had a mild HA 4/2010 with a stent....never had any health issues before that or since. He doesnt want the typical amount, its not for FE or to pay off anything specific, but to leave to his wife, 100k.

Right now, he has a pending app (took physical) with Protective Life (I think thats what he said, not 100% certain) for a UL thats 100k til 82, then decreases every yr til its 10k by age 99, same premium- $192/mo.

Is there a better type of policy he could get OR a better price for the type hes getting?

Im not too familiar with ULs & I know WL would probably be out the question, although he wouldnt rule out a lower amount if it stayed level. I wont even try RNA as much as they decline my WL apps, esp since hes only 3yrs removed from a HA.

Help? This maybe a case for Wino to help me with

Would assume that is based on current COI and interest rates. Wonder how long the plan guarantees? I would also bet they quoted a standard or preferred premium which I doubt he will get. I would almost bet that Protective would table rate him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just checked and Protectives Custom Choice UL - 10 Year No Lapse is $219.77, age 72, male NS, standard rate. As I said, I don't think he will qualify for standard rate.

Last edited:
Would assume that is based on current COI and interest rates. Wonder how long the plan guarantees? I would also bet they quoted a standard or preferred premium which I doubt he will get. I would almost bet that Protective would table rate him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just checked and Protectives Custom Choice UL - 10 Year No Lapse is $219.77, age 72, male NS, standard rate. As I said, I don't think he will qualify for standard rate.

So what rate did they quote him for $192/mo? I pretty sure based on what he said (it was over the phone) that its a 10yr guarantee....anything else better?

Sidenote- Hes at Kaiser, so he was informed his med records could take awhile...I had a Kaiser case with RNA once, took 4mos to get records!

So what rate did they quote him for $192/mo? I pretty sure based on what he said (it was over the phone) that its a 10yr guarantee....anything else better?

Sidenote- Hes at Kaiser, so he was informed his med records could take awhile...I had a Kaiser case with RNA once, took 4mos to get records!

Don't know.. What I quoted was the best I could find with Protective.

197 a month is a quote for a 10 year term with standard rating. But like rousemark stated, he most likely will not receive this rating

197 a month is a quote for a 10 year term with standard rating. But like rousemark stated, he most likely will not receive this rating

So sounds like IF he got that rate, thats the best he's going to get....and I should just stop wasting my time? Otherwise all I could present him is something higher, that of course he would turn down til he got the results of this app.

Well, whats the best WL for someone in his condition/age besides RNA? Maybe Ill present a lower face amt? I wont put to much time into it tho.

So sounds like IF he got that rate, thats the best he's going to get....and I should just stop wasting my time? Otherwise all I could present him is something higher, that of course he would turn down til he got the results of this app.

Well, whats the best WL for someone in his condition/age besides RNA? Maybe Ill present a lower face amt? I wont put to much time into it tho.

You won't beat RNA's rate. Personally I would write him RNA Essential Life and see where they rate him. He will not get standard.

Or you could hook up with Newby and Shaw and let them fit him into a term policy.

I would inform him that whoever he currently is working with is a moron quoting him standard. Then find out if he really wants to pay higher than quoted rates. If he really wants this term policy, we can help you with shopping this up thru trial application

You won't beat RNA's rate. Personally I would write him RNA Essential Life and see where they rate him. He will not get standard.

Or you could hook up with Newby and Shaw and let them fit him into a term policy.

RNA would turn it down as soon as they see it coming from me....I think they just wait 2-3 weeks to humor me. I will ask Brad tho

Hey, I got an idea...give me your Monu apps to turn in, I never have problems with them & Ill give u my RNA Essential life apps.

:D

Would it make sense to try a simplified issue first, getting something in place before he gets word that he's been table rated to a higher level than he wants to pay, or possibly declined by a surprise in his bloodwork, etc?
For the same $192, he gets RNA's SIWL and their heart attack question covers the past 36 months. If he wants more coverage, Mutual of Omaha's Living Promise WL could do $40k for $322/mo.

Latest posts

Back