Obama to Offer Health Care Fix to Keep Plans, Democrat Says

Well, he sure is trying to lie his way out of a lie.

On October 17, the Obama Department of Health and Human Services, represented by the Obama Justice Department, submitted a brief to the federal district court in Washington, opposing Priests for Life’s summary judgment motion. On page 27 of its brief, the Justice Department makes the following remarkable assertion:
The [ACA’s] grandfathering provision’s incremental transition does not undermine the government’s interests in a significant way. [Citing, among other sources, the Federal Register.] Even under the grandfathering provision, it is projected that more group health plans will transition to the requirements under the regulations as time goes on. Defendants have estimated that a majority of group health plans will have lost their grandfather status by the end of 2013.
National Review Online | Print

The problem really isn't that he lied about keeping your existing plan. He and they were of the assumption that the exchange rates were going to be equal to private plans and the coverage would be better.

Guess what.....the freaking exact opposite occurred.

They knew nobody would complain about getting better coverage for the same or less money. Then the prospect of Senate Dems getting the ax forced him to once again to disassemble his signature legislation. If it wasn't for all these stupid elections he would be able to leave the law intact so we could receive the full benefits of it.:D

I wonder if President Obama really wanted the non-grandfathered plans extended for another year?

1. Extending them allows the President to save face by making his "Keep Your Plan" promise true, for the most part. It also hastens the "death spiral", which brings Single-Payer healthcare to America faster. (His long-term goal)

2. On the other hand, not extending them will force most of those policyholders into 2014 ObamaCare plans, which is what the Exchanges need to have happen.

If anyone cares to comment, what are your gut-feelings?
ac

Today I was listening to President Obama, and trying to find an appointment's address. Turned Right On Red where I shouldn't have. Police instantly pulled me over.

I apologized and told the officer that I was listening to President Obama further ruining America, which caused me to lose driving focus. He agreed, added a couple of derogatory comments of his own, told me that we'll survive despite that ____________, and sent me on my way.

I'll give credit where it's due. President Obama enabled me to avoid a moving violation citation today.
:yes:

That was a risk considering the cop was probably a union member.

AC,

Obama really wanted to save face and put out a document that allows him to point at the big bad insurers as the reason for cancellation, and stop all the fingers pointing at him. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less, and that is all it will accomplish. I doubt 5% of the termed clients end up back in their plans, if any...

What happens in the next election will determine if this law survives. If enough Dems get chopped the ones that didn't will probably vote to repeal or make serious changes. There just might be enough votes to override a veto.

Don't worry, the sheep won't know 2015 prices before the election
--------------------
The enrollment period, previously scheduled to begin Oct. 15, 2014, will now start Nov. 15, said an official with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services who asked not to be identified because the decision isn’t public. The change is important to insurers that need more time to evaluate the first year of the government-run marketplaces.

Insurers to Get Extra Month to Set 2015 Obamacare Rates - Bloomberg

----------

The decision means that sign-ups for the 2015 plan year would begin on Nov. 15, 2014 and end on Jan. 15, 2015 instead of the Oct. 15-Dec. 7 window previously announced. The date change, first reported by Bloomberg, also lengthens the enrollment period by a week.

Illinois sides with it's former Senator, President Obama and ALLOWS extension of plans. The State's largest insurer, and the largest company to cancel plans effective 12-31-2013, BCBS-IL, says it will comply with any "requirements".

Story: Illinois to let companies sell old health insurance plans - chicagotribune.com

If BCBS-IL goes along, it will be interesting to see what their rates will be for these newly extended policies. I've transferred a lot of mine to Aetna, Humana, UHCare. Have the feeling they'll be calling to cancel those new plans and stay with BCBS-IL, since it's the least expensive. Lot of time, gas, words, etc.. for naught.
-ac

Last edited:
Don't worry, the sheep won't know 2015 prices before the election
--------------------
The enrollment period, previously scheduled to begin Oct. 15, 2014, will now start Nov. 15, said an official with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services who asked not to be identified because the decision isn’t public. The change is important to insurers that need more time to evaluate the first year of the government-run marketplaces.

Insurers to Get Extra Month to Set 2015 Obamacare Rates - Bloomberg

----------

The decision means that sign-ups for the 2015 plan year would begin on Nov. 15, 2014 and end on Jan. 15, 2015 instead of the Oct. 15-Dec. 7 window previously announced. The date change, first reported by Bloomberg, also lengthens the enrollment period by a week.

If it survive's the enrollment didn't need to be at the exact same time as AEP.

----------

Illinois sides with it's former Senator, President Obama and ALLOWS extension of plans. The State's largest insurer, and the largest company to cancel plans effective 12-31-2013, BCBS-IL, says it will comply.

Story: Illinois to let companies sell old health insurance plans - chicagotribune.com

It will be interesting to see what their rates will be for these newly extended policies. I've transferred a lot of mine to Aetna, Humana, UHCare. Have the feeling they'll be calling to cancel those new plans and stay with BCBS-IL, since it's the least expensive. Lot of time, gas, words, etc.. for naught.
-ac

I didn't see in that article where it said you can continue to sell those plans in 2014? Did I misread it? The easy way to let obabmacare to fail was those republican state's should not have agreed and let those policy's cancel.

Back