Obama to Offer Health Care Fix to Keep Plans, Democrat Says

I didn't see in that article where it said you can continue to sell those plans in 2014? Did I misread it? The easy way to let obabmacare to fail was those republican state's should not have agreed and let those policy's cancel.

BlueDiamond, what I was saying is that Blue Cross of IL might allow non-gf plans to be extended through 2014, but the price may be higher in order to absorb the extra cost of making this change, in addition to normal inflation factors. I've read that some companies are increasing the premiums for these re-instated plans by 18% to 24%, effective 1/1/2014.

Last edited:
They will be able to extend their policies that they've already cancelled. At least they can with Florida blue and they do stay at the same premium until 2014 product anniversary date. As of now the grandfathered status doesn't really apply since carriers are to drop the old plans and go to new QHPs. That being in 2015 not 2014.

----------

Reinstate not extend

This comment concerns me:

Any new plan sold after 10/1/2013 may not be renewed again in 2014 unless it comes into compliance with the entire ACA.

This comment concerns me:

Any new plan sold after 10/1/2013 may not be renewed again in 2014 unless it comes into compliance with the entire ACA.

Which means that plans sold before October 1, 2013 CAN be renewed again in 2014 and therefore stay OUT OF ACA compliance until 2015? Very strange wording indeed. Thank-you for the analysis and feedback YAgents!
-ac

It says, "may NOT be renewed again in 2014"......meaning it expires at the end of 2014........Period. (Someone else I know likes to say that......."Period"!!!.....who was that again?)

It says, "may NOT be renewed again in 2014"......meaning it expires at the end of 2014........Period. (Someone else I know likes to say that......."Period"!!!.....who was that again?)

What about those sold BEFORE 10/1/2013? That's what I was wondering about. Before reading your post, I didn't think any plans dates effective before 1/1/2014 could be renewed again after 1/1/2014, unless they were in the "grandfathered" category.

Here's an article to go along with some of your comments about the new changes:

"President Obama bowed to mounting political pressure from across the country and on Capitol Hill on Thursday, announcing new rules that will let insurance companies keep people on health care plans that would not have been allowed under the Affordable Care Act."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/15/u...crat-says.html?google_editors_picks=true&_r=0

July 8, 2015

Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least the people with Illinois' largest insurer (BCBS-IL / 93% marketshare) were able to "keep their plan" for two years. (Aetna & Humana cancelled these plans at the end of 2014.)

According to the bottom of page 27 of this https://ratereview.healthcare.gov/files/1395308_36096_01012016_IND_RedactedAM.pdf document, BCBS of Illinois will be cancelling all individual plans that were effective between 3/23/2010 and 12/31/2013. Approximately 185,000 individuals/families will have to purchase an ObamaScare Qualified Health Plan before 12/15/2015. Since most of them are not "subsidy eligible", their 12/1/2015 premium will at least double 30 days later, on 1/1/2016.

I have about 35 or so clients on these "Grandmothered" plans...most have a $1500 to $5000 deductible, 100% Coinsurance. All medical costs, including prescriptions, are paid 100% after the deductible. These plans are better than even the Platinum Obamacrap Crap in this state!

But HE, (THE ONE) said that they're "substandard junk insurance", so they must go. I'll make sure to point the blame in the right direction when the BCBS "Bend over for your ObamaScrew" letters start arriving in mailboxes around October 1st..

Right off the top of my head, I can think of 4 families who will be traumatized...even though they knew that they'd have to transition to an "ObamaCare Plan" eventually.

Those of you who have gone through this cancellation of Grandmothered plans, what method worked best for helping your +400% FPL individuals/families make the transition??

ac

Those of you who have gone through this cancellation of Grandmothered plans, what method worked best for helping your +400% FPL individuals/families make the transition??

Xanax..................... which will be covered by the new policy.

Back