Obamacare Training for Illinois

hisglory8

Expert
Can anyone tell me who I would contact in my state of Illinois about Obamacare training? Will agents play a part?

HisGlory8, agents will be paid directly by insurers. But they haven't yet shared the commission levels with us. You can view which companies are participating in the Illinois Exchange by reading some of the other posts in this Illinois section. Illinois is what's known as a "Federal Facilitated Exchange" (FFE).

Attend one of the Webinars listed in this document to learn more about the basics.

Link to Document: http://marketplace.cms.gov/NewsEven...h-Insurance-Marketplace-Training-Schedule.pdf

The Actual Certification Training for selling on the Exchange(s) can be found at this link: http://www.marketplace.cms.gov

Good luck!
-Allen

Allen is much nicer than I am.

You need to read. A lot. In these forums, and all the links provided. You need to do this soon.

If you're hesitant about that, or unwilling, get out of the business. It's tough to hear, but there's a lot going on and you're behind.

Hi Allen,

Just wanted to check in to see how it is going for you with the Obamacare sign up? Is it taking up a lot of your time? Thanks for your input

Hi Allen,

Just wanted to check in to see how it is going for you with the Obamacare sign up? Is it taking up a lot of your time? Thanks for your input

Hello HisGlory,

I only set up 2 appointments, just to get the feel of things. Both were uninsured friends.

The first one was 2 weeks ago. Couldn't even finish the registration then. Will try again later this year...maybe.

The second was this afternoon. Was a NIGHTMARE. After an hour, we get to the point where the crazy website directed her to download an Employer Information Form, take it to the employer and have them fill it out stating her health insurance coverage. We had already entered that she was a self-employed sole-proprietor with NO health benefits available! It wouldn't let us go any further, and there was no instruction as to what to do with this form after an employer does fill it out!

We ended that portion of the appointment and proceeded to discuss life insurance. I have many many other uninsured people to contact, but it will take a couple more days for my blood pressure to normalize.

The Obama Administration says during it's daily press briefings that the website is improving in speed, but they never mention functionality. Now I know why. You can get down the road faster, but there's still a road block waiting ahead at some point...at least that's the way it is for most people.

Also, from what I'm hearing the only people fighting to get through the website problems are those with chronic health conditions. The people I had appointments with were not "urgent" cases like this. They don't mind waiting as long as they need to.
-allen

Hi Allen, Hope things are going well. Can you tell me how I would find a good Telemarketer? Any suggestions, appreciate your input.

Hi Allen, Hope things are going well. Can you tell me how I would find a good Telemarketer? Any suggestions, appreciate your input.

Hello H.G.,
Been very busy "saving" people from the insane 2014 premium increase by putting them into 2013 plans, while we still can.

Our best telemarketer came through a Craig's List advertisement several years ago. She's still with our agency today and has brought in a few of her friends. The friends come and go, based on the season and life events, but Sherry is steady and very good.
AC

Back