Obtaining a License Through Primerica

sinfonia

Hello
I am really intersted getting my license. I have beem recruited by a primerica agent. Ive done my research and they don't seem that reputable as far as business model. But they do offer licensing for only 99 dollars .so im wondering if I were to be licensed through them would I be able to practice instead with another company..
just wondering

----------

Hello
I am really intersted getting my license. I have beem recruited by a primerica agent. Ive done my research and they don't seem that reputable as far as business model. But they do offer licensing for only 99 dollars .so im wondering if I were to be licensed through them would I be able to practice instead with another company..
just wondering

Primerica, or any company for that matter, does not license you the state does. Primerica contracts you to do business through them. Your license I good with just about any company in the state.

They do however require you to do all your business through them. You will captive to that company till you leave them. Not that unusual. See Statefarm, NYL Lincoln Heritage. Then you have some agencies that are captive or semi captive. Depends on what you need or want it those are good for you.

Your bigger problem is they are going to work your warm market before they help you get licensed. Or they will not help you.

The writing on the wall..... I tell you what I told the guy that tried to recruit me. After his presentation I asked him what his Plan 'B' was? what is Your 'Backup' insurance plan just incase that one wasn't a good fit for the Customer. He said their plan was the best one out there and that was all they had. Well as Insurance agent where told to never 'Leave money on the table' and that's EXACLY what I would be doing... I graciously declined his offer. As Insurance Agents we should alwayse have 5 or more insurance company's we could fit a customer into and since their a Captive company they don't offer much flexibly at all.... So Don't leave any money on the table, kept on going and try another company, believe me your better off ....,.. Good luck

Last edited:
They are a very solid company and not a scam. They just have their way of doing business. People need coverage and other options and they provide them. That being said there are many agents who have started with Primerica and then moved on for whatever reason.

Depending on the state your in you can get licensed without having to be sponsored by anyone so you can go the route of getting licensed and the find carriers or an IMO. The thing is you will want to be trained to at least sell.

You can get licensed with Primerica, go on a few presentations with your trainer and then make a decision. I'm not a big pro Primerica person but I do understand they do at least get many people covered that others may not have approached and as I mentioned many people started there.

Just understand with them recruiting is the life blood.

Any agent that has come across Primeamerica will tell you. Don't contract with them Their customers have no idea what they are taking out and get screwed in the end. Of course you can go ahead and go with them and see for yourself

Primerica is a joke they asked for my phone so they can go through my contacts and try to sell them. I said no and my recruiter got upset so I just walked out.

Primerica has a bad rep (as others have said) to work over your warm market (friends and family). They just treat them as referrals from you. If they cannot sell them, they may try to recruit them. Don't you want to make overrides off their "production"?

I know they are a legit company, but their marketing techniques (prey on the contacts of new people) is the first reason you should second guess going with them. Remember these are your family and friends, you have to see them again, not the person who is trying to hard sell them.

Then again every office could be different and your experience may differ, but the above seems to be the trend.

Back