Obtaining a License Through Primerica

I get that I am a newbie to this industry and I will be the first to admit I have things to learn....however I can see when someone is feeding me bull or if there is some value to what's in front of me. If I find that this is not for me then things will take their natural course.....it must be frustrating to have such disdain for a company unless as I said they are hurting you or loved ones or the industry itself. My experience has been none of those things you mentioned....my soft market is just fine they all still speak to me because I am a professional and those I have spoken to showed interest....I havent been pressured or intimidated .....mostly because I don't succumb to either...have a great night gentlemen. Good luck in your careers.

And what is the difference between that and any other company....aside from more choices of insurance.....it seems you have had a very bad experience with this company or they are in direct competition with you. If you have some examples of actual incidents you can reference instead of opinion and hostility then we really have no need to continue this discussion. You keep on telling me what I'm supposed to be going through and I keep on telling you what I am actually experiencing. You see I would never go on such a tangent berating and defaming another company unless they have done true harm to me or to someone I care about otherwise I would just tell someone do your research and make your own decisions and good luck.
The difference is my arguments are based on their own SEC-filed annual reports whereas yours are merely opinion.

And what is the difference between that and any other company....aside from more choices of insurance.....it seems you have had a very bad experience with this company or they are in direct competition with you. If you have some examples of actual incidents you can reference instead of opinion and hostility then we really have no need to continue this discussion. You keep on telling me what I'm supposed to be going through and I keep on telling you what I am actually experiencing. You see I would never go on such a tangent berating and defaming another company unless they have done true harm to me or to someone I care about otherwise I would just tell someone do your research and make your own decisions and good luck.

No dog in this fight, but if you truly are becoming a registered representative then change your username from your name to something else.

Why do you want to be a Registered Rep?

If I read correctly, you've been a Life agent for two months, don't own a policy, and haven't solid a policy...

So, you want to add handcuffs to something that you're already not producing anyway?

Me thinks you should focus on one thing at a time.

Can I ask you WHY you want to sell insurance @Frank Desplantes?

I get that I am a newbie to this industry and I will be the first to admit I have things to learn....

You need to quote what and who you are replying to or we cannot tell who or what.

You are on a forum with some very experienced agents. Many of us have had some experience with PFS or their spinoff. Notice how the same stuff comes up from the different people. Such as the warm market 'training' appointments. And this is from agents that aren't trying to recruit you.

Listen or do not. However, I would continue to learn. You will not be at PFS long term if you stay in the business. Most agents are not.

Go to term4sale. Com and run a quote. Also quote PFS. Let's say a 40 year old male preferred not Smoker. $1,000,000 30yr term. Monthly bank draft. Which one is better for the prospect? Now, at one time PFS started their agents at 25%, a brand new agent could get 80-90% on that case justice about anywhere. Based on your current comp which is best for you?

BTW, I insure several PFS agents and VP as well as their families.

Quit being defensive. None of us are trying to make an override on you or asking to go sit with your friends and family.

I get that I am a newbie to this industry and I will be the first to admit I have things to learn....however I can see when someone is feeding me bull or if there is some value to what's in front of me. If I find that this is not for me then things will take their natural course.....it must be frustrating to have such disdain for a company unless as I said they are hurting you or loved ones or the industry itself. My experience has been none of those things you mentioned....my soft market is just fine they all still speak to me because I am a professional and those I have spoken to showed interest....I havent been pressured or intimidated .....mostly because I don't succumb to either...have a great night gentlemen. Good luck in your careers.

Should've stopped there.

Why are you mad that people are telling you that a shit company is a shit company? They are trying to help you. I'm glad your experience has been different but the majority of agents end up dissatisfied with Primerica. There's a reason for that.

I don't know what the Primerica appeal is but my best friend growing up got roped in. I tell him all the time to leave even if he doesn't contract with me, and he doesn't listen. He also gets 97% of his income from his day job, which isn't Primerica.

He's selling an inferior, limited product at a higher price point. Even if the person who recruited you isn't trying to sell to all your friends and family, most 'agents' there are. If that isn't enough to make you understand why Primerica sucks, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Back