Obtaining a License Through Primerica

----------

Primerica, or any company for that matter, does not license you the state does. Primerica contracts you to do business through them. Your license I good with just about any company in the state.

They do however require you to do all your business through them. You will captive to that company till you leave them. Not that unusual. See Statefarm, NYL Lincoln Heritage. Then you have some agencies that are captive or semi captive. Depends on what you need or want it those are good for you.

Your bigger problem is they are going to work your warm market before they help you get licensed. Or they will not help you.
That is not true. I got my life license in less than 2 months and have not made one client as of yet. I am now in the process and of getting my s6. No one has made do anything. The problem with Primerica if you want to say is that because anyone can try yo get alot of people that dont know how to be professional and run around doing the wrong thing. It's not Primerica per say...but the agents that want a quick buck.

What is not true?

Less than 2 months in and now going for a Series 6?

Ask the next 5 Amazon or UPS drivers if they know anyone that has sold Primerica. Then ask them if they are still doing it.

When you have three months in you and I can compare notes.

Oh, also do you own a life insurance policy?

It's not Primerica per say...but the agents that want a quick buck.
And where do they get the idea that they can make big bucks i the first place? When was the last time a typical rep went on stage and said they earned $500 in commissions for the year, paid back $450 in chargebacks, paid $1200 out of pocket to attend a convention, and $360 for the year in POL fees? When was the last "success" story photographed in front of their daily ride......a city transit bus?

No one has made do anything.
When items such as a POL subscription, seminars, conferences, conventions, fast start schools and weekend retreats are sold as being a key component for success, your argument is only relevant if you believe most people join an MLM wanting to fail.

No most people join because they have a delusion of making a quick buck with no work. I have my license which is mine. The s6 will be mine. I haven't decided on life insurance yet....haven't been asked to do or spend anything yet. I was reimbursed for my license fees. And my initial fee for joining has been made back already simply by signing up for class and getting my license before 60 days. I went to work for Aflack 2 years ago and it's basically the same process. You take your class pay for your test and fingerprints and if you pass you get refunded. Then you show up at the office and make cold calls and try to set up meetings to seek the insurance. I dont have to recruit anyone if I don't want to. If you dont like the business model then that's fine. It's not for everyone. However I have been waiting for the horrible people to barrage me with the recruit or else.....hasn't happened and it won't. I personally know people who have quite a successful side business doing primerica and they are not sleepy unscrupulous people...I also know people that have made a killing and they also are not slimy people....are there unscrupulous people in primerica....sure...just like any other business. Everyone's journey is different. Get off your crusade. Make your point..say what you dont like....but unless you jave gone through the experience you can only speak from a certain perspective.

And my initial fee for joining has been made back already simply by signing up for class and getting my license before 60 days.
You left out the requirement of setting up "kitchen table" appointments with your "warm Market" leads on behalf of your trainer, who would be the only one legally able to get commissions for any sales made. A small, but very critical piece of info.

I personally know people who have quite a successful side business doing primerica
Yes its amazing how a preacher, or ISD superintendent or military higher-up can have success in MLM because of the position of authority their J-O-B created. And while their success is promoted as an MLM success story, their real success was 100% attributable to their J-O-B.

I dont have to recruit anyone if I don't want to.
Maybe, but then you'd face the uphill battle of selling to those outside the opportunity itself (ie real customers). Real customers don't feel the need to reward their recruiter or prove their loyalty by being a "product of the product", or demonstrate a willingness to being "coachable" as demonstrated by buying a ticket for an upcoming seminar or POL subscription.

And what is the difference between that and any other company....aside from more choices of insurance.....it seems you have had a very bad experience with this company or they are in direct competition with you. If you have some examples of actual incidents you can reference instead of opinion and hostility then we really have no need to continue this discussion. You keep on telling me what I'm supposed to be going through and I keep on telling you what I am actually experiencing. You see I would never go on such a tangent berating and defaming another company unless they have done true harm to me or to someone I care about otherwise I would just tell someone do your research and make your own decisions and good luck.

Back