Odd Contracting Question

I've seen when I worked at brokerage the time they first started with changes with the if you don't like it then leave attitude Could be the writing on the wall

In my experience,It does not end with one thing, and it does not work well for long time employees

By the time I left only half the original employees still there and most of those were going to leave soon after

but by that time there were many less qualified hires more like body's on the phone that just follows the script for way less money

Yeah this company made promises when it first employed me but didn’t follow through on them and they make constant changes. Most of the agents are at or over retirement age so they are worried about having agents to take over their business but they really can’t find any new agents.

Yeah this company made promises when it first employed me but didn’t follow through on them and they make constant changes. Most of the agents are at or over retirement age so they are worried about having agents to take over their business but they really can’t find any new agents.

This is a sinking ship.

Time for you to implement Plan B

Wisconsin has a law on non competes. 103.465.
There is a law firm in Madison that deals with this issue. Pines Bach- 608-807-0752. They would probably give you a free half hour consultation. You should at least discuss with an attorney. Maybe a stern letter from an attorney will work. My opinion is the provision you described is too broad and a court would refuse to enforce it. I have a law degree .

Wisconsin has a law on non competes. 103.465.
There is a law firm in Madison that deals with this issue. Pines Bach- 608-807-0752. They would probably give you a free half hour consultation. You should at least discuss with an attorney. Maybe a stern letter from an attorney will work. My opinion is the provision you described is too broad and a court would refuse to enforce it. I have a law degree .

You are suggesting allowing an attorney to write a "defense" letter when, at this point, there is nothing to defend?

The employer has not sent a cease & desist letter or filed suit. Yet you are suggesting the OP go on the offense. Wouldn't that make him/her to appear to be guilty of, if nothing else, planning on challenging the NC clause?

Where did you go to law school?

You are suggesting allowing an attorney to write a "defense" letter when, at this point, there is nothing to defend?

The employer has not sent a cease & desist letter or filed suit. Yet you are suggesting the OP go on the offense. Wouldn't that make him/her to appear to be guilty of, if nothing else, planning on challenging the NC clause?

Where did you go to law school?

Why shouldn't he show that he does not intend to lie down and just take it. Yes. Go on the offensive. Of course there is no cease and desist yet. Why bring that up? Of course there is nothing to defend. What a revelation by you. Hopefully he tells them to f off and an attorney at this point can help him do that. he can do what he wants. Sorry to encourage him to do that. You want him to just give up?

Why shouldn't he show that he does not intend to lie down and just take it. Yes. Go on the offensive. Of course there is no cease and desist yet. Why bring that up? Of course there is nothing to defend. What a revelation by you. Hopefully he tells them to f off and an attorney at this point can help him do that. he can do what he wants. Sorry to encourage him to do that. You want him to just give up?

Oh, I don't know, but it seems like trying to arrest someone for something they MIGHT do.

Granted, the thread topic is a civil issue, not a criminal offense, but still . . .

Talking to an attorney, a REAL attorney, about something that MIGHT happen, or might not, and then asking them to write a letter to the OP's current employer seems ill advised.

But then, I don't have a law degree and never pretended to have one.

Give up on what?

Something that has not happened and may never?

Seems like there is a whole lot of stupid going on here.

I’m thinking of getting my P&C license and doing that for a year and then going back to life and health.

Oh, I don't know, but it seems like trying to arrest someone for something they MIGHT do.

Granted, the thread topic is a civil issue, not a criminal offense, but still . . .

Talking to an attorney, a REAL attorney, about something that MIGHT happen, or might not, and then asking them to write a letter to the OP's current employer seems ill advised.

But then, I don't have a law degree and never pretended to have one.

Give up on what?

Something that has not happened and may never?

Seems like there is a whole lot of stupid going on here.

The stupid one is you. The employer is trying to enforce a contract provision that may be unenforceable and if he can convince the employer of that he can do what he wants to do. How hard is that to understand? Nothing has happened is not correct. They are trying to limit his ability to make a living as he wants to do and that may not be legal in this case. Something happened or he would not have opened this topic up.

The stupid one is you. The employer is trying to enforce a contract provision that may be unenforceable and if he can convince the employer of that he can do what he wants to do. How hard is that to understand? Nothing has happened is not correct. They are trying to limit his ability to make a living as he wants to do and that may not be legal in this case. Something happened or he would not have opened this topic up.

ROFLMAO!!!

Back