Offer Medicare Approved Arthritis Kit

As of 9/17/2008 the kits are no longer available to be marketed, due to HIPPA concerns. When the kits were available to be marketed they had to be approved by a physician.

As of 9/17/2008 the kits are no longer available to be marketed, due to HIPPA concerns. When the kits were available to be marketed they had to be approved by a physician.

It was a sham, if not right out scam. A person didn't even have to be a licenesed agent to go out and push these things. But, their marketing practices reflected poorly on licensed agents as we all got thrown into that category by the public.

Medicare and/or CMS has not taken any action to shut down DME or the arthritis kit and its components. I have been actively running a DME company in the metro Atlanta area with the arthritis kit and its components for almost two years now. I own an insurance agency and many of my agents are also representatives for the kit as well. I teach classes, conduct health fairs and seminars for the arthritis kit weekly in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. As a fact, I fly out at 9 in the morning to Raleigh, NC for a convention of 110 delegates from various insurance companies and doctor's offices that will be using the arthritis kit in their businesses onward. Myself and my staff daily are on appointments at the doctor's offices, clinics and therapy centers. We have become so involved with the Arthritis Foundation research for both doctor/hospital contributions for the fight for a cure for arthritis suffering through volunteer efforts and literature circulation. Through accreditation and registration with CMS and Medicaid as well as being licensed/registered within the state/county, it is hard to see how anyone can possibly call this genre of DME a scam or a sham. Research began on the arthritis kit and its components back in May 1987 with the Mennen Appliance Study, ORA # 2983 conducted by APA in behalf of NASA. The study consisted of nine subjects that were tested individually and periodically to evaluate equilibrium and ambient conditions in the various joint connections where arthritis begins, when extended and manipulated over 100 times each, both wearing the components and without. It was proven conclusively, individually and collectively, that the subcutaneous skin membranes where the natural heat regulation is provided through the components of the arthritis kit, proved to give greater flexibility, extended ability to withstand pressure, and reduce swelling in all joints tested. It was stated earlier that if the products were that good, why haven't the doctors prescribed it or are knowledgeable about the kit and its components. I've got one answer-Doctors are no different than any one else. Many times a year, doctors that are financially fortunate enough may attend a health fair and begin using the products/companies that caught their interest . For those less fortunate or overly busy, there is always the daily visit from pharmaceutical representatives that, like me and my staff, come in and educate them as to the various drugs/products/services that he/she may have never seen before, nor ordered or prescribed. That is where my I come in. It truly is amazing that just like meeting with the doctors and providing them with a doctors kit, full of research studies, physician and therapist testimonials and journal entries from a variety of sources, the insurance companies that support them have to be educated and acquainted with the same info. Also amazing is the fact that-In medicine, if the insurance company denies payment of a particular drug, the doctor can always appeal it and depending on the doctors thought "expressed in writing", the insurance company usually will make an allowance, at least two of three times, especially if the patients' medical records substantiate such. The next time that you go to your doctors' office, look around for a minute. You may find that instead of being shut down, the arthritis kit, our kit, THE A.C.H.E. kit will be there. Reason being, DME of Georgia, Inc. We are in the education business of DME and we are coming to a doctor, hospital, pharmacy, health fair or conference near you. Check your calendars!

For an update. There was supposed to be a conference call tonight about the situation. Many people were up in arms over not being compensated. The person who was supposed to give answers never made it to the call so people just vented. Many were po'd, not just about the compensation, but of the tarnish of their good name. From what people were saying I don't think this is over. I myself thought considering it had to be doctor approved what could go wrong? If the doctor said no, no problem. Well from what people were saying some people were using their own John Hancock...It's too bad. As jdeasy says above this thing makes quite a few people look bad who didn't have any bad intentions. I don't know the meat of what happened, but it seems like some of the DME orders couldn't be verified.

Well if I hear anything I will update. To post the good also requires posting the bad if it happens.

It is very sad but definitely appropriate to state that the owner(s) of the company Cornelius is making reference to called me and made lunch plans to meet with me and my company to discuss a potential opportunity to work together marketing the arthritis kit. I agreed to a meeting. When we met, I asked several questions because I had noticed that at some of my training classes, some of the potentially "new" agents, were actually seeking to covertly gain sufficient training and use the teaching and related materials to create and develop their own agents. I asked also regarding how they were going to be setting up training classes and working with the various health fairs and seminars for arthritis, and wondered how involved the owners would like for them and their agents to be to be involved in getting new advancements in research and development out there so that we would be able to discuss more than just arthritis kit sales. I was told that this was not a concern of theirs and it seemed time-consuming. I further asked about the accreditation process and where the company was in their efforts to complete CMS and HHS approval. I also asked regarding the recent cases of DME fraud in Texas, Florida, and Maryland and how the subsequent laws and changes were made within Medicare as to how they relate to the area of arthritis kits. I was told that I am too concerned about all the rules, regulations and legitimacy.
Needless to say, by the end of the lunch, I was being told that the owner(s) were going to use all of the info that their agents had received at some of my trainings, with or without my permission, and they were even going to be taking my agents. I couldn't believe that but I insisted that the difference with our DME company and theirs and many like theirs, is that we are only going to remain legitimate, and we are going to educate the senior market that we work with, and we are going to have ongoing training of agents/reps, and we are going to constantly share new guidelines within CMS as these relate to DMEPOS and our field of DME, and we are going to be involved in the research and getting new developments to both physicians and the people they serve in the communities, and we are going to get compensated to a proper degree. THE REASON: ANY LESS WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE.
To learn more about who/what/when/where/how about DME of Georgia, Inc. please join in one of our conference calls. Tel# 404-920-6610. Use code 837532# Monday at 9 PM ET and Thursday at 8 PM ET. We'd love to have you join us.
Kavin McGee
DME of Georgia, Inc.

It is very sad but definitely appropriate to state that the owner(s) of the company Cornelius is making reference to called me and made lunch plans to meet with me and my company to discuss a potential opportunity to work together marketing the arthritis kit. I agreed to a meeting. When we met, I asked several questions because I had noticed that at some of my training classes, some of the potentially "new" agents, were actually seeking to covertly gain sufficient training and use the teaching and related materials to create and develop their own agents. I asked also regarding how they were going to be setting up training classes and working with the various health fairs and seminars for arthritis, and wondered how involved the owners would like for them and their agents to be to be involved in getting new advancements in research and development out there so that we would be able to discuss more than just arthritis kit sales. I was told that this was not a concern of theirs and it seemed time-consuming. I further asked about the accreditation process and where the company was in their efforts to complete CMS and HHS approval. I also asked regarding the recent cases of DME fraud in Texas, Florida, and Maryland and how the subsequent laws and changes were made within Medicare as to how they relate to the area of arthritis kits. I was told that I am too concerned about all the rules, regulations and legitimacy.
Needless to say, by the end of the lunch, I was being told that the owner(s) were going to use all of the info that their agents had received at some of my trainings, with or without my permission, and they were even going to be taking my agents. I couldn't believe that but I insisted that the difference with our DME company and theirs and many like theirs, is that we are only going to remain legitimate, and we are going to educate the senior market that we work with, and we are going to have ongoing training of agents/reps, and we are going to constantly share new guidelines within CMS as these relate to DMEPOS and our field of DME, and we are going to be involved in the research and getting new developments to both physicians and the people they serve in the communities, and we are going to get compensated to a proper degree. THE REASON: ANY LESS WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE.
To learn more about who/what/when/where/how about DME of Georgia, Inc. please join in one of our conference calls. Tel# 404-920-6610. Use code 837532# Monday at 9 PM ET and Thursday at 8 PM ET. We'd love to have you join us.
Kavin McGee
DME of Georgia, Inc.

My only exposure to the AK has been through the company in Tn that, apparently, Cornelius is talking about.

They are most definately a scam outfit. Even if you are legitimate, they have poisoned the well for you.

I tried to warn you guys.

Very unorganized company.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Free, No Cost, No Additional Premium...

Whatever, you are not selling Medicare Advantages here...

Your selling a Kit, that the company accepts 80% as payment in full... It costs the client nothing... Its free to the client...

Here is the problem with your Kit, and I can email anyone the name of the company....

- The company is not contracted with many insurance companies... Most HMOs, PPOs, and PFFSs will reject this before the ink is dry

- This product is not deemed medically necessary... so even if they were contracted with a carrier, its still not seen as a necessity (for the most part)

- Finally, when you promise a client a free kit, and then it falls through, YOURE the one that looks bad, and that hurts the other business you have placed in the home.

I had 10 agents testing this thing out... we sold a little over 20 in a month...

Something like 3 clients got the kits, and we are yet to get paid...

**UPDATE**

Still no pay :D

Last edited:
Back