Offer Medicare Approved Arthritis Kit

My only exposure to the AK has been through the company in Tn that, apparently, Cornelius is talking about.

They are most definately a scam outfit. Even if you are legitimate, they have poisoned the well for you.

Not really-Education/Involvement is still the key. Today, I delivered some kits that were ordered last month to some very happy senior citizens that were glad to sign their delivery acknowledgment forms and CMS compliance forms for subsequent verification. I also had an interesting appointment/meeting with a local Atlanta physician, Dr. Todd, whom has been serving the metro Atlanta area for 33 years as a Rheumatologist and of late, a podiatrist. He has researched and published a number of reference articles for arthritis and the crippling conditions that plague so many. He mentioned to me that his organization has over 150,000 patients within the metro area, many of which whom have arthritis. He wanted to make sure that our organization was completely compliant with CMS/HHS rules/regulations. After probing and reviewing our processes involved in educating, enrolling and following through on each and every order, he was convinced that we care as much about our clients, his patients, as we do about remaining compliant and viable. As a result, we are being able to work together to create an awareness based not only on enrolling kits but also involving the benefits of aerobic arthritic swimming, reflexology through resistance, holistic homeopathic care vs. clinical medicine. Through it all, we will be able to produce enrollments, and make some money. However, the money becomes a small, insignificant point to the people whom we both serve and their viewpoint will be stronger as they see we are concerned with their total care, not just their arthritis.
Take care!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is a little of what was considered in today's call that indicates to us that there is a pressing need for arthritic care.
Number of Americans with arthritis or chronic joint symptoms:
  • 1985 - 35 million
  • 1990 - 37.9 million
  • 1998 - nearly 43 million (1 in 6 people)
  • 2006 – 46 million (nearly 1 in 5 adults)
  • Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the nation’s leading cause of disability among Americans over age 15.
  • Arthritis is second only to heart disease as a cause of work disability.
  • Arthritis limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing and bathing for more than 7 million Americans.
  • Arthritis results in 39 million physician visits and more than a half million hospitalizations.
  • Costs to the U.S. economy totals $128 billion annually.
  • Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly 300,000 children.
  • Baby boomers are now at prime risk. More than half those affected are under age 65.
  • Half of those Americans with arthritis don’t think anything can be done to help them.
  • Arthritis refers to more than 100 different diseases that affect areas in or around joints.
  • Arthritis strikes women more often than men.
Overall arthritis:
  • Women - 24.3 million of the people with doctor-diagnosed arthritis
  • Men - 17.1 million of the people with doctor-diagnosed arthritis
Principles of Arthritis Management

Adapted from The Arthritis Foundation's Guide to Good Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis

1. Each person is an individual and should be viewed as a person with a type of arthritis, rather than as a type of arthritis seen in a person.

2. There is no best treatment for everyone who has a particular type of arthritis, as each individual may respond differently to different treatments.

3. No single type of arthritis is always better or worse than another type.

4. Information and input from a person with arthritis can be as valuable in diagnosis and management as information from laboratory tests and X-rays.

5. In arthritis management, the emphasis is on improving function of joints and relieving pain.

6. Your doctor and health-care team need your involvement to help you to the fullest extent. People with arthritis and health professionals are partners in care.

7. Something can always be done to improve the situation for a person with arthritis.

Last edited:
Not really-Education/Involvement is still the key. Today, I delivered some kits that were ordered last month to some very happy senior citizens that were glad to sign their delivery acknowledgment forms and CMS compliance forms for subsequent verification. I also had an interesting appointment/meeting with a local Atlanta physician, Dr. Todd, whom has been serving the metro Atlanta area for 33 years as a Rheumatologist and of late, a podiatrist. He has researched and published a number of reference articles for arthritis and the crippling conditions that plague so many. He mentioned to me that his organization has over 150,000 patients within the metro area, many of which whom have arthritis. He wanted to make sure that our organization was completely compliant with CMS/HHS rules/regulations. After probing and reviewing our processes involved in educating, enrolling and following through on each and every order, he was convinced that we care as much about our clients, his patients, as we do about remaining compliant and viable. As a result, we are being able to work together to create an awareness based not only on enrolling kits but also involving the benefits of aerobic arthritic swimming, reflexology through resistance, holistic homeopathic care vs. clinical medicine. Through it all, we will be able to produce enrollments, and make some money. However, the money becomes a small, insignificant point to the people whom we both serve and their viewpoint will be stronger as they see we are concerned with their total care, not just their arthritis.
Take care!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is a little of what was considered in today's call that indicates to us that there is a pressing need for arthritic care.
Number of Americans with arthritis or chronic joint symptoms:
  • 1985 - 35 million
  • 1990 - 37.9 million
  • 1998 - nearly 43 million (1 in 6 people)
  • 2006 – 46 million (nearly 1 in 5 adults)
  • Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the nation’s leading cause of disability among Americans over age 15.
  • Arthritis is second only to heart disease as a cause of work disability.
  • Arthritis limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing and bathing for more than 7 million Americans.
  • Arthritis results in 39 million physician visits and more than a half million hospitalizations.
  • Costs to the U.S. economy totals $128 billion annually.
  • Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly 300,000 children.
  • Baby boomers are now at prime risk. More than half those affected are under age 65.
  • Half of those Americans with arthritis don’t think anything can be done to help them.
  • Arthritis refers to more than 100 different diseases that affect areas in or around joints.
  • Arthritis strikes women more often than men.
Overall arthritis:
  • Women - 24.3 million of the people with doctor-diagnosed arthritis
  • Men - 17.1 million of the people with doctor-diagnosed arthritis
Principles of Arthritis Management

Adapted from The Arthritis Foundation's Guide to Good Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis

1. Each person is an individual and should be viewed as a person with a type of arthritis, rather than as a type of arthritis seen in a person.

2. There is no best treatment for everyone who has a particular type of arthritis, as each individual may respond differently to different treatments.

3. No single type of arthritis is always better or worse than another type.

4. Information and input from a person with arthritis can be as valuable in diagnosis and management as information from laboratory tests and X-rays.

5. In arthritis management, the emphasis is on improving function of joints and relieving pain.

6. Your doctor and health-care team need your involvement to help you to the fullest extent. People with arthritis and health professionals are partners in care.

7. Something can always be done to improve the situation for a person with arthritis.

Then, let me re-phrase, they have poisoned the well when they got there before you. Go to southern In where the other company got the police departments involved and see how receptive thay are to your deal.

dmeofgainc - can you please send me some info about your company? I would really like to be able to offer DME products.

I have been trying to research a couple of different companies, without much luck. I have attended a few webinars with one of the companies, but some of the things I have heard have made me feel a bit uneasy... It really concerns me that they will not answer some of my questions, and most of their 'training' consists of hype and talking of recruiting and MLM.
I would really like to locate the legitamate, respectable, paying companies/suppliers in this field and work with one of them. Seems to be easier said than done, though!

Latest posts

Back