Ohio National Rebranded as AuguStar Life, AuguStar Retirement

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Ohio National Rebranded as AuguStar Life, AuguStar Retirement
bigstock_Rebrand_Marketing_Branding_Bus_130884080.jpg

In addition to offering individual life products, owner Constellation Insurance also announces the entry of AuguStar Retirement into the annuity marketplace.
Continue reading the Original Article.

Anthem recently rebranded as Elevance . . . rhymes with elephants.

The carrier spent years rebranding Blue Cross as Anthem, and the general public has seen that name enough to make the conversion in their brain to Blue, so now they have to remember Elephants used to be Anthem which was once Blue Cross.

Atlanta did something similar a few years ago. There is a street that exits off the interstate that is a known destination for drugs and prostitution. After failed attempts to clean up the area from crime they decided to change the name. This meant businesses had to change signage, addresses in advertising, etc.

Drugs and prostitution is still active in the area. When visitors ask for Stewart Avenue the answer is you need to look for Metropolitan Parkway.

I don't think dealers and hookers had new business cards printed.

Last edited:

The carrier spent years rebranding Blue Cross as Anthem, and the general public has seen that name enough to make the conversion in their brain to Blue, so now they have to remember Elephants used to be Anthem which was once Blue Cross.

Atlanta did something similar a few years ago. There is a street that exits off the interstate that is a known destination for drugs and prostitution. After failed attempts to clean up the area from crime they decided to change the name. This meant businesses had to change signage, addresses in advertising, etc.

Drugs and prostitution is still active in the area. When visitors ask for Stewart Avenue the answer is you need to look for Metropolitan Parkway.

Also, Wellabe. None of these new names has any appeal.

I was a manager at the McDonalds on Stewart Ave in 1965. Was a little rough even in those days.

I think they are all using ChatGBT for the new insurance company name suggestions. AI has not figured out attractive insurance company names yet.
Here's what chatGPT said. Still better than what's out there:

Considering your requirement for an insurance company name that does not use the word "insurance" and is not currently in use, here are a few suggestions:

1. "GuardianShield"
  2. "SecureCover"
  3. "Safeguardia"
  4. "ShieldSure"
  5. "RiskGuard"
  6. "FortitudeCare"
  7. "ProtecSure"
  8. "SafetyNet"
  9. "AssureLink"
  10. "VitalDefender"
#9 is funny because that's actually Assurity's agent portal.

Strange name and even stranger logo. Of course, I'm biased against them, but you can judge it for yourself:

View attachment 10020

Yep, that's a soulless corporate logo and name alright

Here's what chatGPT said. Still better than what's out there:

Considering your requirement for an insurance company name that does not use the word "insurance" and is not currently in use, here are a few suggestions:

1. "GuardianShield"
  2. "SecureCover"
  3. "Safeguardia"
  4. "ShieldSure"
  5. "RiskGuard"
  6. "FortitudeCare"
  7. "ProtecSure"
  8. "SafetyNet"
  9. "AssureLink"
  10. "VitalDefender"
#9 is funny because that's actually Assurity's agent portal.

Well, I guess it's time for me to make my debut.

The Al3x Lee Corporate Insurance Corporation of America, Inc. is excited to announce that after our first round of private investments, we have begun our offering of inspirational new insurance products at a bargain of a price.

Our niche product offerings include:

*Haunted Office Building Insurance - Protects your business against spooky disturbances and ghostly encounters
*Clown Car Fleet Insurance - Insurance for fleets of clown cars, with extended liability coverage for hilariously exaggerated accidents and clown-related mishaps.
*Time-Traveling Liability Coverage (I've had to use this one myself already): Covers your business or personal time travel adventures liability for accidental changes to historical events or time paradoxes. - We also offer time travel equipment coverage

And of course, we offer all traditional forms of P&C, Life, and Health insurance. We have developed our own forms to give you coverage for the things you need and exclusions for the things you don't. This ensures we stay competitively priced and bring much needed capacity to the insurance markets.

For example, our homeowner's insurance offers all traditional coverages, but it's unique in the sense that we add exclusions for all perils other than damage by dragon fire. This is a particularly useful policy if you live near any dragon habitats. No other carrier is offering this.

We loosely comply with insurance regulations in all of the states that we're sort of but not really licensed in.

So what are you waiting for? Drop your boring insurance company and come join the revolution. Our insurance is so fun, you'll WISH you had more claims

*This insurance company was definitely not started and paid for using funds from the Al3x Lee for Insurance Commissioner of California Campaign

Back