One Chance for a Plan F which Carrier Do You Think is Best?

I'm curious as to what other carriers you've looked at. I've got contracts for both Medico and Cigna but have never written a Med Sup for them, just never seemed competitive enough. In addition, after Cigna bailed on independent agents for PDPs I really don't want to send them any biz.

Go big, BCBS or AARP. AARP = long term stability over all others.

In Indiana and Kentucky that would be one of the last choices. They start out way high. They have two price increases per year but they don't have one of them in your calculations because they cleverly call it a discount that you lose a portion of each year for 10-years. Your rate goes up but it's not recorded as a rate increase.

Pretty smart for an insurance company. Not good for consumers though.

I have a gentleman that has a ton of meds and he will be open enrollment for a supp. He likes the supp idea, but he will pretty much be stuck on the supp I get for him, so I wanted to recommend a plan G and I was wondering who in your mind if you had to be stuck on a med supp would you go with?

Medico or Cigna?

Trying to figure out the best long term rate stability between the two.
I know Cigna is a huge beast of a company but Medico just got out the B's...

appreciate any feedback!

This is one of those things that would influence my choice given that everyting else is fairly equal - sell the plan that doesn't use your Medigap clients as a lead for their captive MA sales agents.

Good thread. Placed my very uninsurable client in AARP, partly due to option to switch within their offerings, such as go to Plan N if F becomes unsustainable.

Yes AARP let's you. On the same thought, if you move from F to N is it at the higher age?

Does AARP allow you to move "up" from N to F should they choose ?

Just had my FMO confirm. Yes, phone call. "I'd like to change my plan from N to F, please." UHC: "OK, thank you." The agent's guide states they have the right to refuse, and I from them I get the indication they are trying to avoid someone who would raise their plan for a couple months, get surgery, lower it, raise it again for surgery, lower it, etc. There are no more explicit written guidelines, but lots of assurance this is what they do. I am careful not to make this an absolute promise so a client would make a specific plan to buy low, go higher, for a known situation. I would also want to make an appropriate recommendation for a product, like N, that can work well long term. A lower income client with limited ability to pay premiums is still in a good place with Plan N or even K vs. an MAPD PPO that I have seen. We have no regular recourse for getting a Med/Supp outside open/special enrollment with no medical questions here in my state

I have been told that is their current policy but that is not to say it could not change at any time. For the client that brings this up I always point this out.

I have been told that is their current policy but that is not to say it could not change at any time. For the client that brings this up I always point this out.

Yes, I didn't hear that in intro classes, I read it in the agent guide, then started asking questions, and yes, let clients know it's not a guarantee for life, company can change this option. Why I attempt to place them on a sustainable plan for their circumstances.

Back