Oneexchange is on the Move for Taking Over

I love coming across a person who goes through one of these exchanges. I'll get their meds and doctors and run a comparison for them. More times than not the person at the exchange recommended the wrong plan. After the retiree sees that info they tend to want to do business with me unless the subsidy they're receiving is just too much to pass up.

That was my experience. They were only offered a one-time $500 to go with OneExchange. They would have had way more OOP medical expenses than that with the plan the OneExchange agent was trying to force them into. Must have been having some contest at the call-center based on enrollments with Carrier X.

Does anyone here know the Insurance companies being offered through Oneexchange? Are they different companies offered by employer group?
I also heard that Rockwell Collins retirees were going through Oneexchange. I've attempted to get the names of the insurance companies through the exchange but I keep getting handed off back and forth from Rockwell Collins to Oneexchange.
I work for a very large hospital and we see a lot of retirees. The retired patients don't know what the name of the new insurance company they have, and it takes forever to get the insurance cards. It's causing a bit of an administrative headache over here. Any information on the medical insurance companies that are available on Oneexchange would be extremely helpful.

They are getting buttloads of the big corps. GE, Annheiser are more that haven't been mentioned.
They deal with all or most of the major carriers, as well as local/regionals.

Some of the info here is wrong. It depends on the corp. Some will offer funding, some with strings attached, some w/out, some won't offer anything at all and they just suggest the retirees go thru oneexchange.

I know all this because my husband worked for them (seasonally) 2 years. Any other questions, feel free to ask me.

You can check out the Medicare offerings here.

Not many to pick from. Also, some have noted the quoted rates are sometimes higher than what CSG shows.

I'm not too worried about OneExchange. They focus on the big corporations. The majority of workers in this country are employed by small and medium sized companies who don't offer retiree benefits.

We have a huge employer here in Atlanta. They go by the name of Delta Airlines. They offer retiree benefits. And many times the retiree is better off getting coverage outside of what Delta offers. I have several clients who are Delta retirees.

I love coming across a person who goes through one of these exchanges. I'll get their meds and doctors and run a comparison for them. More times than not the person at the exchange recommended the wrong plan. After the retiree sees that info they tend to want to do business with me unless the subsidy they're receiving is just too much to pass up.

You are right in terms of the total number medicare prospects fortune
500 retirees is not that much however it's been frustrating because they have been a high percentage of my referral calls recently and because they are referrals I don't want to just tell them straight up that it's a waste of my time.

One situation that can still be a win win is if the individual Medicare plans are a better deal then retiree benefits and you move them in to an individual plan before the One Exchange enrollment window begins. With most of these big companies the retirees still retain the HSA, Stipend etc. that one exchange administers if they had previously dropped the group plan for an individual plan

The problem I see for the companies like onecchange is that most of the biz they are writing/ bringing to Carriers is GI biz heavy... This is why they often are offering higher premiums than the free market as the carriers need to compensate for the projected claims that the hsa admin brokerage forms are offering... It is still usually an overall good deal for the client unless they got the donut hole early which they previous group coverage typically did not have..,

As we all no gi biz does not pay well, so unless they are receiving admin fees from the company that is dismissing the beneficiaries the comp is not a lot...

OneExchange also got all of Ohio's public retirees (OPERS).... starting in 2016...

Thousands and Thousands of people.

I read through some of the Q&A between the retirees and OPERS - and OPERS was saying that they did this "for their protection" because OPERS didn't want them to "fall victim to insurance agents who are influenced by commission."

Based on that, I thought OneExchange was a charitable organization... hahah :D :no:

No? :skeptical:

In all seriousness, it is a tad naive to think OneExchange can do "better" than a good local broker. The hourly call center reps they are supposed to work with can not have the same "street smarts" as a local market broker. It's just not possible.

Do you know if there will be any flexibility with OPERS retirees such as there was with AT&T/AON last year in which they get their Part D with OneExchange, but can get their supplement elsewhere? Or is this set in stone?

Had two calls today from people looking for help already.

----------

You can check out the Medicare offerings here.

Not many to pick from. Also, some have noted the quoted rates are sometimes higher than what CSG shows.

This looks like AON/AT&T all over again. Just quoted Plan F through them and offerings were slim pickin's compared to CSG, all about $40 per month higher.

Just signed up a Northrup retiree for a med supp. As with ATT, she was only required to get one plan through One Exchange to get the HRA money. They tried to sell her an AARP F at $175. She instead got an Aetna CLI Plan G at $106. Agents offer protection from these exchanges, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Do you know if there will be any flexibility with OPERS retirees such as there was with AT&T/AON last year in which they get their Part D with OneExchange, but can get their supplement elsewhere? Or is this set in stone? Had two calls today from people looking for help already. ---------- This looks like AON/AT&T all over again. Just quoted Plan F through them and offerings were slim pickin's compared to CSG, all about $40 per month higher.
I think they have to get everything through them. I asked a big agency owner in Columbus and he didn't see any loopholes to get the biz. I think the only opportunity will be in 3 years... I read that the spouse benefit (stipend) is gone by then. It's "fading away" over 3 yrs (2016-18.). Not sure if that's only for new retirees or all retirees. If all retirees... 2019 could be a big opportunity. I've really only lightly researched it... I plan on looking more into it in the future to see if there are opportunities. Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Just got 2 calls this past week from clients who are retired from Lockheed several years. Now they get an offer of $900 if they enroll by end of May '15 or in the fall for next yr. One client mentioned there would be underwriting and that he would have to change his doctors. But he was vague and confused on other points. Here in ATL they offered him Humana and BCBS as carriers.

He just sent me the pdf files which I haven't read yet

Anyone here locally who knows what is going on? I have quite a few retirees so am concerned.

Back