Oneexchange is on the Move for Taking Over

I'm not too worried about OneExchange. They focus on the big corporations. The majority of workers in this country are employed by small and medium sized companies who don't offer retiree benefits.

We have a huge employer here in Atlanta. They go by the name of Delta Airlines. They offer retiree benefits. And many times the retiree is better off getting coverage outside of what Delta offers. I have several clients who are Delta retirees.

I love coming across a person who goes through one of these exchanges. I'll get their meds and doctors and run a comparison for them. More times than not the person at the exchange recommended the wrong plan. After the retiree sees that info they tend to want to do business with me unless the subsidy they're receiving is just too much to pass up.

The problem I run into with this more times then not, Usually on an internet lead The prospect has no Idea what they are on the hook for, They only know they are told they need to use that service or lose what they are entitled too whatever that is.

That is really hard to work with

Just got 2 calls this past week from clients who are retired from Lockheed several years. Now they get an offer of $900 if they enroll by end of May '15 or in the fall for next yr. One client mentioned there would be underwriting and that he would have to change his doctors. But he was vague and confused on other points. Here in ATL they offered him Humana and BCBS as carriers.

He just sent me the pdf files which I haven't read yet

Anyone here locally who knows what is going on? I have quite a few retirees so am concerned.

I recently lost a Lockheed retiree couple because of the 900.00 per stipend but no mention of underwriting. UHC reversed their decision to not pay pay on GI business in Fl so One Exchange can still put them on the lowest premium plan in FL ,which is UHC, and still get paid.What are the competitive carriers in the Atlanta area that don't pay on on GI business ? If they are not being offered those carriers then that's the explanation.

Latest posts

Back