Outside the Exchange

I have attached am Income Grid that has been circulating amongst us agents in my area. It says Federal Poverty Level so I don't know if it's Florida only but, assumed it was national.

Based on this grid, people must make at least $11,490 in order to qualify for a subsidy (purchase within the exchange). So far, a lot of people with $0 income are approaching our informational booths inquiring about ACA/HCR and I give them the bad news. If you make under the $11,490 and you don't qualify for Medicaid, you do not qualify to apply for a subsidy either.

Further, more than likely, this person can't afford to purchase outside of the exchange either... where they will not receive a subsidy. Sooooo, no solution for this category. :no:

Attachments

• Income Grid.pdf
    27.3 KB · Views: 25
Cross-selling is definitely the route I am taking and I am setting it up as I see my customers during AEP. This will keep me busy in 2014. Health Insurance is really not going to be my bread and butter anymore. I can't even keep decent renewals going anymore...Not because of chargebacks but, because the companies have service area reductions, go out of business, leave our county entirely...constantly changing something and on and on and on!!

You are correct, since FL is not expanding medicaid, they will not get subsidies or medicaid if under 100% FPL. I call it the "black hole".

Most (many) of those who are under 100% FPL should get medicaid....but not all.

Depends upon YOUR state's medicaid rules (laws).

For instance:
In Texas, most single individuals can't qualify for medicaid UNLESS they have dependent children.
There ARE exceptions like:
- Certain disabled citizens on SSI

Note:
Texas (also) did not choose to expand medicaid.

Latest posts

Back