Pending application for 3/1 effective date on Exchange....

policywunk

Guru
Pending Florida application for 3/1 effective date on Exchange but just got the termination of coverage letter today 3/31 ( term date 2/29/20).Is it ok to remove the pending application for 3/1 today and re apply for a 4/1 effective since the health insurance wasn't used at all in March? I I am concerned that once it's remove it wont allow to re apply for 4/1 effective today

You can remove and start over, however there may be a charge from the carrier if they effectuated the plan. The 3/1 effective date is retroactive.

You can remove and start over, however there may be a charge from the carrier if they effectuated the plan. The 3/1 effective date is retroactive.

thanks but I think it might be too late now since I uploaded the TOC on 3/31.The application is still showing pending on healthcare.gov..Is it worth a call to Florida Blue to see if they can change it to 4/1 effective. This is my girlfriends application so I was hoping to save her the 300.00 premium for March if possible.

Usually Healthcare.gov gives 60 days to upload docs and once the docs are uploaded and approved the plan is retroactive to the initial date. However, if no subsidy was applied you could renew with a new plan. Florida Blue may still require payment for the March premium because they were on the hook for any coverage during that time. Use a different carrier to eliminate the need to pay Blue.

Usually Healthcare.gov gives 60 days to upload docs and once the docs are uploaded and approved the plan is retroactive to the initial date. However, if no subsidy was applied you could renew with a new plan. Florida Blue may still require payment for the March premium because they were on the hook for any coverage during that time. Use a different carrier to eliminate the need to pay Blue.

Yes she qualifies for a subsidy.

Back