Plan N Part B Excess Charges

I think we have had this discussion before and you should know that I am referring to states where Plan F is substantially more than a Plan D.

What I said in the above post is "In states where Plan F is substantially more expensive than Plan D". I have seen Plan F priced $600 more than a Plan D. Would you still sell a Plan F? I would hope you wouldn't, then why ask me a similar question where Plan D is priced very close to a Plan F? Unless you just want to argue.

It should be obvious to anyone that if the difference is equal to or less than the Medicare Part B deductible that no one would recommend a Plan D or G.

There are states where Plan F is actually less expensive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for that enlightening comment. Is it possible that you didn't read what I posted?

My question was serious. I assumed your answer would be what you said here in the reply, but, since you said you "neither sell nor recommend F", I was interested to know if there was another reason besides price and if you would still recommend D when the price was close.

I'm not at all arguing with you at all, in fact, due to reading your posts here for the past 2 years, I do recommend D in most instances.

My question was serious. I assumed your answer would be what you said here in the reply, but, since you said you "neither sell nor recommend F", I was interested to know if there was another reason besides price and if you would still recommend D when the price was close.

I'm not at all arguing with you at all, in fact, due to reading your posts here for the past 2 years, I do recommend D in most instances.

Sorry if my response sounded "strong".

Since I sell most of the Med Supps in Missouri that's what I was specifically addressing. However, I recently sold several Med Supps in Florida and I sold a Plan D there as well. Since I don't believe people need a Plan F there has to be a really good reason for me to sell them one.

The only other reason I may recommend a Plan D over a Plan F is experience has shown me that if a company doesn't have an across the board increase, and each plan gets a different percent of increase, Plan F usually gets the largest increase.

A few years ago Cont Life had an increase in Missouri, Plan F went up 25% and Plan D only went up 9%. My clients didn't bitch at all. Agents who only sell Plan F in Missouri had their clients raising holly hell.

I don't like to have to "chase" my clients every time a company has an increase.

Prospect: If I buy plan D from you and I have a bypass, how much am I out of pocket?
DS4: That is undeterminable. You would have to pay the $155 Part B deductible, and, any excess charges if any of the surgeons, or, the anesthesiologist don't accept Medicare assignment.
Prospect: How much am I out of pocket if I buy plan F?
DS4: Zero.
Prospect: So if I pay $20 more per month, plan F will pay 100%?
DS4: Yes
Prospect: I have to be honest with you, I've been talking to another agent in Missouri, his name is Frank, He said if I buy plan D from him, he will throw in a years supply of goats milk. Can you top that?
:D

Last edited:
You would be the rookie in my office:)

Being a rookie, makes her much more educated on the changes and cost in the plans that do not offer excess charge coverage. Plan F has the highest rate increases in the nation. Trick people in an all inclusive plan for a low price starting out. The premium gets so high they can no longer afford it, but their health has got so bad the can't get a lower premium supplement, so the go to a MA plan, that causes them to loose the freedom, and more than likely their doctor..

Back