Poll: Do You Cold Call (Yes or No)

Do you cold call for business?

• Yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
Empty,

I guess I could remember this if I needed motivation, but the main reason I posted is because of another thread on this board.

It seems that a lot of managers and recruiters are telling new people that they don't cold call and never have. I guess I just wanted to see if that was true or not. I suspected it wasn't but wanted to see what the actual results would be on this board.

The only regret I have is that I didn't set up the poll to show who voted for what....oh well.

If you're looking to improve your phone work, be it prospecting, selling or whatever, google "Art Sobczak" and check out his stuff - it's far and away superior to anything else!

I haven't seen any of Art's work, but heard it's a lot like Sandler Sales Training in technique and approach. If so, I second his work. If I'm a prospect, this is how I want to be sold.

Your getting side-tracked in a bad way. Dont waste time keeping stats. Keeping stats is for amateurs and a waste of time.

I like to save strong language for when its warranted. Yoda, you are a F***ING ***! Tracking numbers is how you know what the weak points are in your campaign and what the strengths are. You live and die by the numbers. If your connect rate is bad you need better data or you are calling at the wrong times. Poor response rate means it could be the wrong demographics or the script needs a rework. A poor conversion rate means you may need a better product. The numbers tell a story and if you learn how to read it then you can know what needs to be fixed.

The poll question should read:

"If you've been in this business for over 5 years, do you still cold call?"

Probably a stupid question but.....

How does one go about cold calling?

Is there a list one can buy or get?

What I mean is, besides picking up a phone book, is there another way you decide who you are gonna COLD call?

Is there some kind of organized chaos to this cold calling?

Example: If I were in the flooring business and I was gonna cold call, I would call builders, designers, general contractors, realtors, ect.

Everyone needs health insurance or is looking to reduce costs or shop it (assumption here and by everyone I mean most people) but to pick up a phone book and to start at A and go through Z doesn't sound right to me......Is there a better way to find or generate your cold call list?

Thanks

Organized chaos is a good way of describing it. Email or PM me and I can help you get started or be more effective at what you're doing.

The poll question should read:

"If you've been in this business for over 5 years, do you still cold call?"

I didn't start exclusively cold calling until I had been in the business for five years. Up to that point I wasted a lot of money buying "leads".

When I finally "saw the light" it got a whole lot easier and a much more profitable.

I didn't start exclusively cold calling until I had been in the business for five years. Up to that point I wasted a lot of money buying "leads".

When I finally "saw the light" it got a whole lot easier and a much more profitable.

you're the exception and not the rule, Frank.

my sales almost tripled when I stopped using the phone and started to only work with those who had made internet inquiries.

for most markets cold calling is not only a waste of time but a big turn off to all involved: callee and caller.

maybe the 65+ market doesn't mind cold calls.

everyone else does.

you're the exception and not the rule, Frank.

my sales almost tripled when I stopped using the phone and started to only work with those who had made internet inquiries.

for most markets cold calling is not only a waste of time but a big turn off to all involved: callee and caller.

maybe the 65+ market doesn't mind cold calls.

everyone else does.

I guess I'm part of the exception as well. I'm pretty sure the 65+ market has as much of a problem with cold calls as the under 65 market, but with the right approach and products people can be receptive. What is it that you sell?

I like to save strong language for when its warranted. Yoda, you are a F***ING ***! Tracking numbers is how you know what the weak points are in your campaign and what the strengths are. You live and die by the numbers. If your connect rate is bad you need better data or you are calling at the wrong times. Poor response rate means it could be the wrong demographics or the script needs a rework. A poor conversion rate means you may need a better product. The numbers tell a story and if you learn how to read it then you can know what needs to be fixed.

Any good telemarketer armed with only a touchtone phone and a phonebook will set more appointments and sell more then any 3 fools like you put together. Is that what you wanted to hear. :mad:

Back