Posts Deleted

A few ideas on this deletion:

Assuming it is was not deleted by the OP nor the moderators nor the sysadmin, my guess is that the database got re-loaded from an older backup. The person responsible for dealing with the Eboundhost data center in Buffalo Grove, IL, (where this forum is hosted) should contact them and have them look at the MySQL logs to see if any such restore took place around the time the OP said he made his post and when he noticed it was gone.

Since Val sometimes tests things "live" perhaps something he did caused a glitch.

There could be a bug in vBulletin that causes a deletion upon some distinct but rare combination of events. It could be a bug introduced in the last release?

I believe that the vB software keeps an archive of deleted posts?

My bet is on some kind of re-load/restore of the database.

Just as you can lose a single sheet of paper from a large file folder on your desk ("the dog ate it!,") so too can you lose a record in a large database.

Al

Al's suggestion is very plausible.

I might add that when reviewing the MySQL logs, a full database migration with only temporary files excluded will point out the problem. Then, just to be safe, run a vertical non-mode transmission of all MySQL deletions and see what shows up.

I sometimes post on a new thread that is obviously spam and will also call the poster to the moderators attention. My guess is that from time to time some of those posts have been deleted with the entire thread.

I sometimes post on a new thread that is obviously spam and will also call the poster to the moderators attention. My guess is that from time to time some of those posts have been deleted with the entire thread.

yes indeed........

Al's suggestion is very plausible.

I might add that when reviewing the MySQL logs, a full database migration with only temporary files excluded will point out the problem. Then, just to be safe, run a vertical non-mode transmission of all MySQL deletions and see what shows up.

The problem with your solution is that the MySQL synchronization module which creates the networked DHCP foreign keys so that there is no inter-block data-record segmentation can cause the un-modulated flip-bit to be turned "on" resulting in the loss of any M5 or PGP encrypted data chains which will require a complete re-IPL of the database server as well as the PHP middle-layer modules.

There are several methodologies to mitigate this occurrence, but you already know that that paradigm, as outlined in the UART service update posted to ARPANET early last year.

HTH.

Al

The problem with your solution is that the MySQL synchronization module which creates the networked DHCP foreign keys so that there is no inter-block data-record segmentation can cause the un-modulated flip-bit to be turned "on" resulting in the loss of any M5 or PGP encrypted data chains which will require a complete re-IPL of the database server as well as the PHP middle-layer modules.

There are several methodologies to mitigate this occurrence, but you already know that that paradigm, as outlined in the UART service update posted to ARPANET early last year.

HTH.

Al

then there is the 1.21 GIGAWATTS you have to deal with......

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back