Prior Cocaine Use.

GAJ638

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone have any suggestions on this case. Eighteen months ago I wrote a lady a $50000 policy which was with a company that required a Oral Fluid test. I was surprised when she was declined and tried to find out why. My IMO checked and said the underwriter "suggested that cocaine traces were found. She never found out why because she did not ask.

She calls me last week and wants to get a policy now. My concern is that MIB will now show a decline and for what reason. Any suggestions on Final expense coverage for 25000 that would not be declined.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this case. Eighteen months ago I wrote a lady a $50000 policy which was with a company that required a Oral Fluid test. I was surprised when she was declined and tried to find out why. My IMO checked and said the underwriter "suggested that cocaine traces were found. She never found out why because she did not ask.

She calls me last week and wants to get a policy now. My concern is that MIB will now show a decline and for what reason. Any suggestions on Final expense coverage for 25000 that would not be declined.

Only an issue if you put her with a company that asks if she has been declined elsewhere. So don't even consider Oxford. Everyone else should be OK. Providing she's off the coke.:biggrin:

Only an issue if you put her with a company that asks if she has been declined elsewhere. So don't even consider Oxford. Everyone else should be OK. Providing she's off the coke.:biggrin:

I hope she is off the nose candy, at least for now:biggrin:. Thanks JD. I was concerned a company would pull an MIB and see cocaine and decline.
Standard would be a no go also I guess.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this case. Eighteen months ago I wrote a lady a $50000 policy which was with a company that required a Oral Fluid test. I was surprised when she was declined and tried to find out why. My IMO checked and said the underwriter "suggested that cocaine traces were found. She never found out why because she did not ask. She calls me last week and wants to get a policy now. My concern is that MIB will now show a decline and for what reason. Any suggestions on Final expense coverage for 25000 that would not be declined.

ACI- no MIB no Rx check....

MIB is one of the most misunderstood things in the insurance industry. It doesn't explain "why". It would show a decline - but wouldn't reveal "why".

Does it even show the decline? I thought it only showed hits. Whatever that means. Lafayette and Oxford always ask what happened on the other applications. They don't seem to know if they were approved or declined.

Oxford only goes back 2 years on the question of being declined by another company.

Does it even show the decline? I thought it only showed hits. Whatever that means. Lafayette and Oxford always ask what happened on the other applications. They don't seem to know if they were approved or declined.

I am not sure if MIB shows declines or just shows hits. Anyone know the answer to that question? Be good to know.

Oxford only goes back 2 years on the question of being declined by another company.

I just figured that a decline 18 months ago would be a yes answer on Oxford's app.

Do you have info to contradict that?:goofy:

----------

I am not sure if MIB shows declines or just shows hits. Anyone know the answer to that question? Be good to know.

It does not show a decline or if the policy was accepted. There are codes and I've been told by underwriters that an experienced underwriter can made an educated guess as to the outcome by the codes.

Back