Progressive lost my business

saalasadi

I have been with progressive insurance for 7 years, never have accident or insurance issue. Few months ago, my friend driving my truck was hit in the rear. I call Progressive and report the a claim. Progressive person said he will get back to after contact the other drive company.

Months went by, and yesterday I decide to call progressive again.

First I was shocked to get different stories from the staff in the claim department and they keep transfer me from one to another. I got few names and numbers for a person how supposed to handle my claim.

I ended up transferred to a person name “Mounira” no last name. she popup to the phone and said “this is Mounira, what can I help you with!” I was little irritated because I spend the morning on phone and was waiting for an answer NOT for repeating the story once again. She was very rude and said “you have liability insurance, progressive not going to help you or contact the other insurance for you!” just like that! After 7 years of paying the bill, I am “no body” and I am on my own.

I try to explain to her that the person who was driving the truck is already in contact with progressive and they handle his medical case with the other company and I have name and phone number for it. She simple start speaking water hose connector unprofessionally and hanged up the line. So, my day was wasted over the phone and no result.

I call the other lady who handle who transferred me to “Mounira” and explain to her the situation. She was very professional and connected me with the other insurance company and got the problem solved. However, I am moving on and will not pay my money to company that hire unprofessional individuals who disrespect customers.

1 - You waited months to follow up. That's on you.

2 - You have only liability insurance on your truck. Had you ever read your policy you would have understood that Progressive had no obligation to contact anybody on your behalf UNLESS somebody was making a claim against YOU.

Whatever other insurance company that you go to will have the same lack of obligation if you just buy liability insurance.

As for Mounira being rude, I can't tell you how many times I was accused of being rude (and worse) when I told people something they didn't want to hear.

When you have liability only and are not at fault you do not have anybody to fight with the other company but yourself.

I had a friend in that situation. Other driver was at fault but lied and his insurance company made excuses and didn’t pay anything. He had no money to fight and his old truck was totaled and he got nothing.

This would be like going to McDonald's for lunch for years, only to get a burger you didn't like from Burger King, then going back to McDonald's to complain about it. You're talking to the wrong people.

And I, too, have been accused of being rude for calmly explaining a situation to someone. I can't represent if Moirna or whatever her name is, was rude to you or not, but giving you honest but had news does not automatically make it rude.
Wishing you the best in future endeavors with whatever carrier you go to next. May as well start shopping anyway since your not at fault accident will still make you lose your accident free discount with progressive, if your record was previously clear.

Thanks for all of your comment. Actually, Progressive called me back and have the other company insurance on the line to set appointment for me to get my truck repaired.

Some of the comment is inaccurate! I am not asking progressive to fix my car, I want them to their due diligent and help me.

But for the bad manner “which is not consider honestly in any way”. I think I should give my money to someone who will respect my business.

If all insurance company handle similar situation in the same manner, I think we need to stood up and fight it through the political system. Not many people afford the luxury full coverage, so this must end. Thanks God I have a third car, imagine those breadwinner who depends on one car for the daily commute.

You do understand that liability only means the insurance is only there to repair damage you do to someone else’s vehicle or property. That is all you are paying them to do. There is no premium paid to help compensate them to help you fight another insurance company for you. Why would an insurance company do anything they receive no compensation to do. While should we all band together and fight for a freebie or handout.

Back