Progressive lost my business

Thanks for all of your comment. Actually, Progressive called me back and have the other company insurance on the line to set appointment for me to get my truck repaired.

Some of the comment is inaccurate! I am not asking progressive to fix my car, I want them to their due diligent and help me.

But for the bad manner “which is not consider honestly in any way”. I think I should give my money to someone who will respect my business.

If all insurance company handle similar situation in the same manner, I think we need to stood up and fight it through the political system. Not many people afford the luxury full coverage, so this must end. Thanks God I have a third car, imagine those breadwinner who depends on one car for the daily commute.

So, you can afford 3 cars but "full coverage" is just for wealthy people? My guess is you're likely also driving around with state minimum liability limits that won't cover the damages to other people if you cause a significant accident. When/if that happens, you'll say it's the insurance company's fault and everyone needs to come together to change the evil system that doesn't allow you to get more than you're willing to pay for.

If you want people to value your business you need your business to be valuable.

Assumptions?

Like the Disabled have a Right to equal market access?

OR, like I shouldn't have assumed that 'I' have a right to choose a vehicle that doesn't physically burden me?

OR, is it wrong to assume that there BE compassion for someone who did what they NEEDED to do, BECAUSE of a disability, only to be discriminated against?

I assume, you're dead inside, right?

Assumptions?

Like the Disabled have a Right to equal market access?

OR, like I shouldn't have assumed that 'I' have a right to choose a vehicle that doesn't physically burden me?

OR, is it wrong to assume that there BE compassion for someone who did what they NEEDED to do, BECAUSE of a disability, only to be discriminated against?

I assume, you're dead inside, right?
Did you call before your purchase to see if there were any restrictions on the "class" of the vehicle?

Did you call before your purchase to see if there were any restrictions on the "class" of the vehicle?

It isn't the "class" that they refused to cover. Progressive DOES cover RV's.

Why are you trying to change the topic, rather that answer my questions?

To answer your questions since you can't or won't answer mine:
You have the same "rights" as every insured. You do not have the right to assume that your carrier will insure a different vehicle because of your handicap just for your convenience.
You have made many assumptions because of your handicap. I doubt that you had the ability or drive to become a standout basketball player since NBA draft only considers 60 players out of thousands of college or eligible players but we will never know and I hope the pain and suffering payoff was enough to compensate you for your injuries. You do not get to "assume" anything and you could have avoided the problem by picking up the phone BEFORE you purchased the vehicle

To answer your questions since you can't or won't answer mine:
You have the same "rights" as every insured. You do not have the right to assume that your carrier will insure a different vehicle because of your handicap just for your convenience.
You have made many assumptions because of your handicap. I doubt that you had the ability or drive to become a standout basketball player since NBA draft only considers 60 players out of thousands of college or eligible players but we will never know and I hope the pain and suffering payoff was enough to compensate you for your injuries. You do not get to "assume" anything and you could have avoided the problem by picking up the phone BEFORE you purchased the vehicle

Are you okay?

I DID answer your question. Progressive DOES cover RV's...

What the F do my basketball skills from 24 years ago have ANYTHING to do with this conversation???

"Progressive Insurance dropped me because I NEEDED to modify the INSIDE of my vehicle...the BATHROOM door."

My problem was that my car was causing me pain and I was no longer able to use it. I bought what I NEEDED.

I'll tell you what, if YOU want an insurance company to control what you drive, screw you on refunds, or DROP you entirely if you become disabled and NEED to modify your vehicle...RUN to Progressive...they'll happily *** you too.

Are you okay?

I DID answer your question. Progressive DOES cover RV's...

What the F do my basketball skills from 24 years ago have ANYTHING to do with this conversation???

"Progressive Insurance dropped me because I NEEDED to modify the INSIDE of my vehicle...the BATHROOM door."

My problem was that my car was causing me pain and I was no longer able to use it. I bought what I NEEDED.

I'll tell you what, if YOU want an insurance company to control what you drive, screw you on refunds, or DROP you entirely if you become disabled and NEED to modify your vehicle...RUN to Progressive...they'll happily *** you too.
Maybe I need to capitalize my question:

DID YOU CALL BEFORE YOU PURCHASED THE VEHICLE? Should they have insured any vehicle you wanted just for your convenience? Who did the modification and did it change the structural integrity of the vehicle? Oh wait, you assume it hasn't changed anything. Modifying a vehicle sends chills through the veins of underwriters because of the liability that could come from insuring a different vehicle than what is on the build sheet of the VIN. Before you assumed that the vehicle must be covered because of your needs, a simple phone call to the agent may have gotten a better answer to your desires. They may have asked you to have the modification done at a certain dealer so that they could inspect it prior to adding it to your policy but you assumed that every repair garage, every bodyshop, every cheapo service station could complete the modification and make the vehicle safe. When you added the vehicle to your policy which I will assume was made by phone (proves you know how to use the phone) who provided the information about the modification? Did the person on the other end of the call understand what you were saying was modified? Maybe they assumed the wrong thing also.

Maybe I need to capitalize my question:

DID YOU CALL BEFORE YOU PURCHASED THE VEHICLE? Should they have insured any vehicle you wanted just for your convenience? Who did the modification and did it change the structural integrity of the vehicle? Oh wait, you assume it hasn't changed anything. Modifying a vehicle sends chills through the veins of underwriters because of the liability that could come from insuring a different vehicle than what is on the build sheet of the VIN. Before you assumed that the vehicle must be covered because of your needs, a simple phone call to the agent may have gotten a better answer to your desires. They may have asked you to have the modification done at a certain dealer so that they could inspect it prior to adding it to your policy but you assumed that every repair garage, every bodyshop, every cheapo service station could complete the modification and make the vehicle safe. When you added the vehicle to your policy which I will assume was made by phone (proves you know how to use the phone) who provided the information about the modification? Did the person on the other end of the call understand what you were saying was modified? Maybe they assumed the wrong thing also.

No, BECAUSE INSURANCE COMPANIES DON'T TELL ME WHAT VEHICLE TO DRIVE.

'I' decide. Do you get that? Companies have NO AUTHORITY to control which vehicle individuals choose or NEED.

ANY modification to ANY part disqualifies the customer..."according to Progressive."

I FULLY explained that widening a bathroom door INSIDE the unit would in no way affect the vehicle's performance, or it estimated value.

I was paying $333 a month for full coverage on my Z28, with Progressive. I'm paying $91 a month for my RV with Good Sam Insurance.

If YOU want someone else controlling you, overcharging you, and dropping YOU when YOU become disabled - GO TO PROGRESSIVE.

Have you ever head of "pursuit of happiness"...? It is one of your Constitutional Rights. So long as you are not invading someone else's life, liberty, property, or pursuit of happiness, you have the RIGHT to continue unabated. (*My BS is in CJ & Legal Studies.)

Before you post another word, know that you are wrong - legally, morally, and in the general understanding of what duty market place actors have to customers. You have no idea what you are talking about, buddy. You are out of your depth, and talking out of your ass. Stop.

"Denial of Services"...https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8c5ae0-7a71-11e9-a5b3-34f3edf1351e_story.html

Ever heard of discrimination based on a Disability?

Probably not, because you are likely a high school drop out, living in his mother's house, with no concept of legal theory or civil rights.

I've been writing insurance since 2005 when I was run over on my motorcycle. I graduated with a degree in business in 1981. I live in MY home in one of US most expensive counties. I've been dealing with customer assumptions since my first job in 1975. I'm very been dealing with assumptions made by handicapped customers since 2005 and have found the majority of them to be understanding of how insurance deals with customers, ie: what we do for one we must do for all. I have also dealt with the few who believed that the world owes them something different just because of their handicap. They did not discriminate against you, they treated you in the same manner as each person who made a wrong assumption. Go be mad at the world and have a great day.

I've been writing insurance since 2005 when I was run over on my motorcycle. I graduated with a degree in business in 1981. I live in MY home in one of US most expensive counties. I've been dealing with customer assumptions since my first job in 1975. I'm very been dealing with assumptions made by handicapped customers since 2005 and have found the majority of them to be understanding of how insurance deals with customers, ie: what we do for one we must do for all. I have also dealt with the few who believed that the world owes them something different just because of their handicap. They did not discriminate against you, they treated you in the same manner as each person who made a wrong assumption. Go be mad at the world and have a great day.

Business degree? So NOT legally trained, huh? That's why you're wrong again, pal...

They ARE NOW discriminating against ALL disabled people who need vehicle modification, not just me.

Mad? Nope, I just took my business elsewhere, and I'm VERY happy with my choice. I'm paying less than a third, and Good Sam does not in any way care I widened my bathroom door.

*You don't understand the basic tenets of Discrimination, as described by Law.

Back