Prospect Match

Honestly, all lead companies suck. Get a dialer and buy some aged leads.

Rick

what are aged leads doing for you that real time leads aren't ??? I understand they are cheaper. I contact about 100 leads per month from the company that I'm using and i have a 24% closing ratio. Is that the same with aged leads? Or would I have to call about 1,000 people to get a similar closing ratio?

what are aged leads doing for you that real time leads aren't ??? I understand they are cheaper. I contact about 100 leads per month from the company that I'm using and i have a 24% closing ratio. Is that the same with aged leads? Or would I have to call about 1,000 people to get a similar closing ratio?

So you close 1 out of 4 leads? I'd either call BS on that or you are an insurance superman.

Rick

lolol no i dont magically write a policy every 4 people that i speak with.. but yes i am closing 24% in the past 4 months from the leads that i base my agency around
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
and still .. you didn't answer my question. are aged leads worth while?
Yea 70% of the leads #s are disconnected or the person is expecting an IPAD or something.

no, they aren't .. they are unsolicited leads and im guaranteed to contact the lead or they dont charge me .. they give me 3 days, if i dont speak to them, i don't pay ... its an internet lead company with a few unique guarantees. im not saying that what im doing is golden... thats why im inquiring about aged leads. .. are they better? why do you prefer using them over internet leads ?
Ended up being a waste of $149 on my part.

Dan

how long did it take you to make THAT much money?:D

Last edited:
lolol no i dont magically write a policy every 4 people that i speak with.. but yes i am closing 24% in the past 4 months from the leads that i base my agency around

24% IS about 1 in 4. Please explain how you close 24% but you don't write 1 in 4.

There wasn't "new math" when I was in school so maybe I'm missing something.

Rick

What on God's green Earth are you calling a a closing ratio?
Here is the way most of us would look at it:
Number of sales / number of leads = closing ratio.
i.e. 10 sales out of 100 leads = 10% close ratio.

That said, we can change the assumptions and say your closing ratio is only based on the number of folks you contact vs the number of leads your working, or whatever, but that's the way the math works.

The only way for you to figure out how the internet leads are going to work for you is to pick some up and dial through them yourself, my experience with them has been all over the place.

24% IS about 1 in 4. Please explain how you close 24% but you don't write 1 in 4.

There wasn't "new math" when I was in school so maybe I'm missing something.

Rick

I ONLY PAY FOR LEADS THAT I AM ABLE TO CONTACT. SO I DO GET SENT ABOUT 125-150 LEADS PER MONTH BUT IM ONLY PAYING FOR ROUGHLY 100 OF THEM. AFTER I RECEIVE MY FIRST 4 LEADS OF THE MONTH, I DONT EXPECT TO AUTOMATICALLY HAVE A POLICY WRITTEN. MY CLOSING RATIO WILL PAN OUT OVER THE COURSE OF 100 LEADS, NOT OVER THE COURSE OF 4 LEADS. YES 1 IN 4 IS 25 PERCENT .. BUT I DONT WRITE A POLICY ON THE FOURTH PERSON I SPEAK TO EVERY TIME.

That's just what I said but I'll put it in different terms.

You pay for 100 leads (net). You write 25 of them.

So the closing ratio on leads is 25% on internet leads. You must have a source that is run on fairy dust or you are an insurance god.

Rick

That's just what I said but I'll put it in different terms.

You pay for 100 leads (net). You write 25 of them.

So the closing ratio on leads is 25%. You must have a source that is run on fairy dust.

Rick

I want to know who is going to credit him back on 1 in 3 leads. Also, what price is he paying for these leads.

I want to know who is going to credit him back on 1 in 3 leads. Also, what price is he paying for these leads.

Doesn't matter. I'd pay a ton of money if there was a source that allowed met to close 25% of the net leads.

I take him at his word even though every bone in my body cried "bullshit."

Rick

What on God's green Earth are you calling a a closing ratio?
Here is the way most of us would look at it:
Number of sales / number of leads = closing ratio.
i.e. 10 sales out of 100 leads = 10% close ratio.

That said, we can change the assumptions and say your closing ratio is only based on the number of folks you contact vs the number of leads your working, or whatever, but that's the way the math works.

The only way for you to figure out how the internet leads are going to work for you is to pick some up and dial through them yourself, my experience with them has been all over the place.

if i havent contacted one of the leads within 3 days, im not working it anymore. I'm not paying for it. number of sales / number of leads = closing ratio. that formula is accurate. the number of leads i contact is the same as the number of leads that i am working. you understand?

i'll receive 150 leads/month. I only speak with 100 of them. Out of those 100 people that I speak with, i'm going to close ABOUT 24%. I'm not going to pay for the other 50 leads, so why add them to the equation? They weren't purchased.

I'm done with this conversation. I had a simple question of whether or not aged leads were of more value, and obviously the answer is no. If a 24% closing ratio is above and beyond for you guys, aged leads must really really really suck.

I hope to gain some valuable information from the users on this forum soon!:skeptical:

Latest posts

Back